User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 02:24
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > any video converter no sound
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Any Video Converter no sound
  Jump to:

Posted Message
nhow
_
3. April 2011 @ 10:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm trying to convert dvx to dvd (mpeg2). There is no sound when I playback the dvd even though the sound on the dvx copy is fine. I've set my audio setting to Stereo Mix (as they suggested at the AVC site). Still nothing. I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop 1545 Win XP SP3.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. April 2011 @ 12:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does the mpeg file playback ok?
If you drag it into MediaInfo, does it show AC3 audio.
nhow
_
3. April 2011 @ 12:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No it doesn't playback OK. There is no audio. There is audio on the xvid file. I don't have Mediainfo but the audio codec listed in Any Video Converter is AC3.
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. April 2011 @ 13:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Do DVD's normally play ok on the laptop.

In 'Any Video Converter', on the lower right, is a setting to disable the audio.
Could it have been set inadvertently - else you will have to verify that the audio track is present using MediaInfo.
nhow
_
3. April 2011 @ 14:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:

In 'Any Video Converter', on the lower right, is a setting to disable the audio.
Could it have been set inadvertently - else you will have to verify that the audio track is present using MediaInfo.
I checked and double checked that. It was not disabled. But something very strange. I tried to convert the film with any video converter on my other Dell laptop (inspiron 6000 with xp sp3). The mpeg file played both audio and video fine...only when I burned it to a dvd (with NERO) and played it on my dvd player there was no sound!! This is so frustrating...and of course I've wasted hours of time and a dvd...grrrr
nhow
_
3. April 2011 @ 14:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

I downloaded and used MediaInfo. It says one audio stream: AC3
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. April 2011 @ 15:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does the DVD disk play ok on the laptop.
nhow
_
3. April 2011 @ 15:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does the DVD disk play ok on the laptop.
No, only the video portion on laptop and dvd player
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. April 2011 @ 15:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Drag/open VTS_01_1.VOB from the disk into MediaInfo.
File > Export, to a text file and paste it here.
nhow
_
3. April 2011 @ 16:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
General
Complete name : D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
Format : MPEG-PS
File size : 1 024 MiB
Duration : 33mn 8s
Overall bit rate : 4 319 Kbps

Video
ID : 224 (0xE0)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings, BVOP : No
Format settings, Matrix : Default
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=18
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 2 697 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 9 800 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Standard : NTSC
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.260
Stream size : 639 MiB (62%)

Audio
ID : 189 (0xBD)-160 (0xA0)
Format : PCM
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Format settings, Sign : Signed
Muxing mode : DVD-Video
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 536 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Delay relative to video : -34ms
Stream size : 364 MiB (36%)

Menu
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. April 2011 @ 16:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Audio
Do commercial disks play on the laptop.

Although I think that PCM audio is legal on DVD, I'm used to seeing AC3.

I'm not familiar with Nero, but can AC3 be selected when authoring the disk?

I would try DVD Flick to convert the mpeg file from 'Any Video Converter'.
Since the mpeg is DVD compliant, if you set the Project Settings, Video > Advanced to copy Mpeg2 streams, it should quickly author the DVD without re-encoding.
nhow
_
3. April 2011 @ 16:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Audio

Since the mpeg is DVD compliant, if you set the Project Settings, Video > Advanced to copy Mpeg2 streams, it should quickly author the DVD without re-encoding.
I'm now trying Sothink Free Video Converter to make another DVD from the AVC mpeg file. If the problem lies with NERO then hopefully this will work. I'm still wondering why my newer Dell laptop wouldn't even play the AVC mpeg. Either a cheap card or they are purposefully trying to make it harder to burn video dvd's.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. April 2011 @ 16:44

nhow
_
3. April 2011 @ 17:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by nhow:
Quote:
Audio

I'm now trying Sothink Free Video Converter to make another DVD from the AVC mpeg file. If the problem lies with NERO then hopefully this will work. I'm still wondering why my newer Dell laptop wouldn't even play the AVC mpeg. Either a cheap card or they are purposefully trying to make it harder to burn video dvd's.
OK, I meant to say Sothink Movie DVD Maker. Just finished burning another disc. And it works fine!! Both on dvd player and laptop. I guess my Nero xpress is worthless...and whatever sound card is in the new Dell Laptop is rubbish too. So, after wasting a whole day (hard to believe), Any Video Converter on old Dell Inspiron 6000 xp and Sothink Movie DVD Maker (free version) have finally made a workable dvd. Whew! May never know what happened (or didn't) but it's stuff like this that really makes me (and probably most of the rest of the known Universe) really annoyed.

Thanks very much for sticking with me and for all your very helpful ideas and troubleshooting. You helped me to finally get there. Cheers.
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. April 2011 @ 18:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It may be that the new laptop needs a decent media player (MPC or VLC) instead of WMP.
Advertisement
_
__

_
nhow
_
4. April 2011 @ 05:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think now that I've finally found a combo that works (on old laptop) I'll leave it at that. Must say I'm less than impressed generally by new Dell. There are many things that don't work as well as older one. Cheap parts.

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > any video converter no sound

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork