User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 23:00
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > best .mxf to .mpeg2 converter
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Best .MXF to .MPEG2 converter
  Jump to:

Posted Message
omfa
_
17. April 2013 @ 23:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello everybody,
I successfully exported full HD, 1920x1080 clips from a Canon XF105 camera. I'd like to convert them to a format that's more manageable/editable on Adobe premiere Pro CS6, and I learned that the best format was .MPEG2. What's the best converter out there (free or otherwise) that would allow me to retain the HD quality?
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. April 2013 @ 06:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not familiar with .mxf - you might want to check what type of video/audio it contains using MediaInfo.
If you have a small sample you can upload it somewhere with a link.
Assuming that it's mpeg2 video, you could try ffmpeg to convert it.
From a command line you would type:

ffmpeg -i input.mxf -c copy output.mpg

"input" being replaced by the actual name.

Another site to post would be VideoHelp.
There are active users there who may be familiar with it.
Again a sample might help.

http://forum.videohelp.com/
lily2
_
15. July 2013 @ 03:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
To keep the HD quality, you may need to set the video size when you use a converter. But it seems there are little MXF to mpeg2 converter.

Techfan
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > best .mxf to .mpeg2 converter

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork