User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 09:09
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > convert a .mkv file to dvd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Convert a .mkv file to DVD
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mancislan
_
4. August 2013 @ 12:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello,
I'm trying to convert a video file (.mkv) to DVD.
I used to do this with DVD Flick, but for some reason DVD flick is having trouble with the subtitles that the video file has.
I have tried to use MKVToolNix, but the file that is extracted can't be opened with DVD Flick. A message appears saying:
The subtitle file that selected appears to be graphical. DVD Flick only supports textual subtitles.

Do you guys know what the problem might be?
Do you know of other (FREE) program that can do the job just like DVD Flick?
Thanks!
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. August 2013 @ 16:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What type of subs did you extract.
If the subs are idx/sub then AvstoDVD can open them.
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. August 2013 @ 22:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
What type of subs did you extract.
If the subs are idx/sub then AvstoDVD can open them.
ConvertXtoDVD is a great program..... don't know about a video subtitle file, and this program does cost (not free) but it has never failed me when converting any video file with subs to DVD!
Advertisement
_
__

_
mancislan
_
6. August 2013 @ 17:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you for the info!
I tried ConvertXtoDVD and it is not free. I mean, there is a free version but it burns a logo on the video.
AvstoDVD didn't work for me. The program didn't run properly.
Are there any other options?
Thanks!
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > convert a .mkv file to dvd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork