User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 20:49
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > convert avi to vob
Show topics

Forums
Forums
convert avi to vob
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ldrancer
_
31. March 2014 @ 12:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi.
im trying to convert, 5 gigs of avi files to vob. to use dvd flick to convert it to a dvd.

well. i tried to use avs and the out put gives me 25 gigs of dvd files. ???? and so does a bunch of other file converters.

the only way to use dvd flick if i load up the avis for it to do the conversion i end up getting, 25 - 50 gigs of dvd files.

if i convert them first to vob, the dvd flick program works fine. i get a dual layer dvd. so what? are these programs thinking im buring a blu ray or something?

the program i use to convert avi to vob, turns my 720x404 file sizes to 720x480's and strethces the video, and it looks weird.

anyone know of anyway? thanks.

id like the avis to end up on a dvd. dvd video_ts format. erm. anyone?
Advertisement
_
__
ldrancer
_
31. March 2014 @ 12:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im noticing that a program avi to dvd free, does only 1 avi. but the resulting files, gives me all kinds of bups and that sort of stuff, and 2 vobs, a _0 and _1 files. one is 250 megs like the original file size is, and the other is like 500 megabytes. havent checked any stats to see what it's.. doing.. but looks all cool., though.
whats these programs doing? would this be usable? the dvd flick program, sort of reencodes the movies to sort? of work with it? it doesnt take too long then its ready to burn. if i remember correctly
AfterDawn Addict
_
31. March 2014 @ 12:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
hi.
im trying to convert, 5 gigs of avi files to vob. to use dvd flick to convert it to a dvd.
What's the total running time of these files.
A standard blank DVD disk is good for 2-3 hours.
ldrancer
_
31. March 2014 @ 13:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
around, 16 hours. they are around 590 kb video files with 112cbr audio files. 5 gigs of avi's 24 files. if i convert them with the one converter, they come out at 250 or so mb a piece, then the one program edits them right on the dvd. around the same size as start.
but if i use an avi and let it do it, they end up being 25gigs. like it thinks im burning a blu ray.

so how does 5 gigs of files turn into, 25 gigs. or if its not converted into the same file shape? then it stays the same?

can you explain that? i was using this program, that works, just doesnt have any options for me.
AfterDawn Addict
_
31. March 2014 @ 14:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AVI video (using the typical XviD codec)has smaller file sizes compared to the same running time for DVD video which uses the MPEG2 codec.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 31. March 2014 @ 14:03

ldrancer
_
31. March 2014 @ 14:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok i can tell by looking at the screenshots the freeeditor program, maybe its not the program doing the stretching and makeing the video look bad. it might be the dvd authoring program i was using.

i get 300 mb vobs out of 260 or somethin mb avis with it. i can sort of tell a quality it seems like picture degredation a little. checked the information over with g-spot and avi is 590 kbps and vob is 790 kbps quality. erm. well. i guess thats about best i can do and ill find some better dvd authoring or check my preferences or load and check before burn.

i dont even konw. now. must of been my settings or dvd authoring program. im not sure what this converter does to keep the sizes around the same or what the others arent doign. i tried to set up avs to keep .. min? bitrate to 600 kpbs. no file size change one 300 mb avi ends up being a 2.5 - 2.7gb dvd, depending on, .. whatever that it feels like i guess
AfterDawn Addict
_
31. March 2014 @ 17:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You should use a decent converter program like AVStoDVD.
Only load in a maximum of 2.5 to 3 hours running time for a standard blank DVD.
Set the DVD size on the top menu to 'DVD-5'.
On the lower right of the window, the estimated size of the output will be shown.
If it exceeds the capacity of the blank a warning message will be shown.
The program will assign the maximum bitrate possible to utilize the available space.
ldrancer
_
14. April 2014 @ 02:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i like the program i used. that one program, lets me set bitrate. so i checked the bitrate of the vobs after they where converted. 768. so i set the bitrate in that program, the x program. i tried avs but it only lets you set minimum bitrate, then maximu, its a piic, between however many. 2000 or something. and my 24 files that are under 8 gigs end up 25 gigs or something. with no better quality. just rying to get these avis on disk. convereted to a dvd. found that one program worked pretty good.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
14. April 2014 @ 19:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
why can't the avi be burned directly to dvd & let the i assume stand alone dvd player select the video in it's menu screen,well a bitrate of 700...lmao...is gonna look like crap no matter what you do unless viewed on a smaller screen,it does ay viewing on a computer media player & re-sizing the viewing window to small makes video look sharper stretching it not so good,wash effect & pixels all over the place

you need to remember your working with xvids that have only 500kb bitrate so the vob is not 700 it don't matter what you set the program too the max it has to work with is the what source is

Advertisement
_
__

_
ldrancer
_
14. April 2014 @ 20:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
alright. i just wanted to fit 8 gigs of avis to a dvd dl without all the converters converting it to a 50gigabyte thing. and your not going to get more bitrate out of a 8 gig avi. so it doesnt matter. but the only program that let me match gspot codec infomration, that it, gave me. to the output on the dvd, was teh x program up there i was talking about. and free avi to vob converter. thats it. thats all that let me do it. why did i want 8 gigs of avis turned to a dvd and be 50 gigs? so i can burn up 8 dvd dl? or 2 blue ray discs, which i dont have, and its a dvd player?

just trying to take what i got and put it on something that fits it.

why is it so hard to understand.

dvd player didnt play my avi discs that i had. only a burnt dvd.
i was converting all that to play on the dvd blanks i had.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > convert avi to vob

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork