User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 04:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > convert .mp4 and .mkv to .avi
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Convert .mp4 and .mkv to .avi
  Jump to:

Posted Message
amal123
_
4. July 2013 @ 14:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey all! I just have some movies in .mp4 and .mkv. I need to watch them on my TV but it will only play .avi files. Is there any way to convert them without loss in quality? If so, how do I do it, for free? :)
FYI - My TV is a LG LCD TV 32" which plays only .avi files.

Regards
Amal
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. July 2013 @ 15:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Your TV user manual should spell out what it expects in the AVI.
If it was a standalone DVD player it would need the DivX/XviD codec and a maximum size of 720x576.
Might try XMedia Recode.It has preset profiles (some of them are listed as TV settings).
If yours is listed, use it and test it.
If your TV isn't listed you have to set a custom profile.
Since the video has to be re-encoded, don't expect HD quality.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
4. July 2013 @ 21:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Attach computer to tv by using hdmi port or component then use the graphics card software to enable dual monitor will save a lot of hssales,yeah right that's supposed to be hassles :p

ok no go huh ! ? alright conversion it is:all free most should be in software setion use the search once there
AllToAvi
video to video---non install so is portable
freemake video converter--installer
super--installer--has many options perhaps too many makes it awkward to use,however if nothing else works
megamind converter--installer--can't remember what it converts..lol..

those are the only ones that come to mind apart from what attar has mentioned or just browse software section

amal123
_
5. July 2013 @ 13:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Your TV user manual should spell out what it expects in the AVI.
If it was a standalone DVD player it would need the DivX/XviD codec and a maximum size of 720x576.
Might try XMedia Recode.It has preset profiles (some of them are listed as TV settings).
If yours is listed, use it and test it.
If your TV isn't listed you have to set a custom profile.
Since the video has to be re-encoded, don't expect HD quality.
My TV can play DivX/XviD only and no other formats. :)I shall try out the software which you mentioned. Thanks for the reply...! And I put the movies on my USB and then plug it to my TV and watch 'em. :)
amal123
_
5. July 2013 @ 13:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
Attach computer to tv by using hdmi port or component then use the graphics card software to enable dual monitor will save a lot of hssales,yeah right thats supposed to be hassles :p

ok no go huh ! ? alright conversion it is:all free most should be in software setion use the search once there
AllToAvi
video to video---non install so is portable
freemake video converter--installer
super--installer--has many options perhaps too many makes it awkward to use,however if nothing else works
megamind converter--installer--cant remember what it converts..lol..

those are the only ones that come to mind apart from what attar has mentioned or just browse software section
Well....Thanks for the quick reply! Shall try what you and attar suggested...! Thanks once again. :)

Amal!
lily2
_
10. July 2013 @ 23:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It seems the popular one VLC media player can also help you do the job.O(∩_∩)O~
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
13. July 2013 @ 23:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah ! how's that then lily ? how is member amal213 going to get vlc to do anything if he/she uses the tv to play media files from usb or can you not read

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > convert .mp4 and .mkv to .avi

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork