User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 20:11
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > converting/shrinking iso files
Show topics

Forums
Forums
converting/shrinking ISO files
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AnnieD
_
14. July 2013 @ 10:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello
Not sure if I'm in the right forum here, so apologies in advance.

Before I split with my ex-husband, I copied a load of our DVDs as ISO files, some of the films are around 7gig in size.

What I want to do now is put some of them onto flash drive so I can watch some films whilst I'm away (I use VLC media player). I've tried using DVD Shrink but it keeps telling me the ISO has the wrong parameters.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Annie
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
14. July 2013 @ 12:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For future reference Web search brought up numerous results

you could try running the iso thru dvd fab hd decrypter,its free for personal use,other functions of it are trial ware,however the ripping part is always free

if that fails use a zip program 7zip is what i use however there is also winrar,you can get the install versions or cruise over to portableapps.com if you don't want to install,or if you have a burning program it may let you extract the files instead

regardless use the zip program to extract the iso contents & try again with shrink,if it fails try dvd fab again but before you do use settings to remove region protection so set that option to none as you won't need to set dvd drive to whatever region as you only get 5 & once you've used them all up your stuck on the last

if the above fails go grab clone dvd,you could also try dvd decrypter but like shrink it hasn't been updated in a while apart from the burning part which is now called imgburn

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. July 2013 @ 12:58

AnnieD
_
14. July 2013 @ 16:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi - thank you for your reply. No problem with the unzipping, got that far, but DVD Shrink just won't oblige. I'll have a look round and see if there is anything else i can use.
ddp
_
14. July 2013 @ 20:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
will have to change the format of the flash drive as probably fat32 format which means can't read a file over 4gigs in size.
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
14. July 2013 @ 21:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Of coarse i didn't think about that,assuming dvd shrink can process & read the iso which i was thinking it couldn't , the issue of changing format would be if whatever device is used to play it can read it when its not a fat partition

the easiest way i spose to get it on to a fat32 format drive is shrinking or shrink & split or split then shrink so the size on disk (not to be confused with size of the physical file)is able to be placed on the flash drive without exceeding the drives data capacity,in other words a file takes up more space than what properties will tell you,so an 8gb flash drive would require a edited video folder or whatever to not exceed 2.80gb-3.0gb ea,so split the film & compress to say no more than 3gb for each half,however i am only guessing it may allow less compression or it may need more to get both halves to fit,without file too large error

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. July 2013 @ 21:24

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > converting/shrinking iso files

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork