User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 09:05
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > how to compress and split flv for emailing
Show topics

Forums
Forums
how to compress and split FLV for emailing
  Jump to:

Posted Message
SunnyDay101
_
6. August 2013 @ 18:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a number of FLV files, say 45 min average length.
They run at least 125 mb.
I need to split them and compress them so they can be emailed as an attachment.

It is OK if the quality gets downgraded somewhat, as long as they end
up watchable and emailable. They are interviews.
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
7. August 2013 @ 22:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Might be better to look into using mega.co.nz its cloud based storage it'd be ideal for what you want to do & save a lot of mucking around,sign up is free & .com gives 50gb free storage,you'll need a chrome based browser,other options is gmail or yahoo mail & do it that way

just a thought no reply necessary if it doesn't suit

SunnyDay101
_
8. August 2013 @ 09:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What I need is help to know how to compress and split these files; what I need is what I asked.

Thanks and hope someone here can help.
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. August 2013 @ 12:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Don't be so effing rude.
Avidemux can split and recompress flv.
Use two-pass to select a particular size.
SunnyDay101
_
9. August 2013 @ 20:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Don't be so effing rude.
Avidemux can split and recompress flv.
Use two-pass to select a particular size.
I do not see a single thing 'rude' about my post. I restated my question, the reason for my question and even included a 'thanks'; clear, efficient communication. If you find that 'rude' I would suggest you stay off the intarwebs except to look at pictures of kittens or reset your 'sensitivity meter' to 'realistic'

thanks for the pointer to the software.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. August 2013 @ 00:00

scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
10. August 2013 @ 02:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's not what you say it's how you say it & how you want it to come across & how it might be interpreted, a little thought goes along way when not using smilies

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. August 2013 @ 05:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
It's not what you say it's how you say it & how you want it to come across & how it might be interpreted, a little thought goes along way when not using smilies
Better unborn than ill-bred.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
10. August 2013 @ 13:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
harsh but fair..lol..

SunnyDay101
_
10. August 2013 @ 21:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well I'm completely puzzled that I can say something straightforward and it's assumed I am 'harsh and rude' = if you know email is a medium that doesn't always allow for accurate expression than why immediately jump to negative adjectives?

Oversensitive much?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. August 2013 @ 21:11

scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
11. August 2013 @ 20:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I thought your reply to me originally was saying f off it's why i didn't bother replying tho i did think about it,however i was originally going to tell you to do a web search for your answer as i normally do so i figured we're even..lmao

the harsh but fair comment to attar was a saying that was used by an online gamer back in 05 in HOA (hardware online arenas)on the AUS/NZ PS2 servers ,it was usually served up when one gamer had a go at another & suburban cowboy would usually say it if he happend to be in the lobby,oddly enought it caught on,so to answer that i'm saying attars comment is harsh but fair,i didn't mean you were being harsh

It's easy to jump to adjectives, happens round here regularly & everywhere else on the web even in a game lobby or in game,it's life sometimes people get the wrong end of the stick,however adding more to a comment when it's unecessary is a different matter it can change the tone even if you didn't mean it too,shit happens man!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. August 2013 @ 23:47

SunnyDay101
_
12. August 2013 @ 13:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:

Totally sorry, scorp, and I appreciate your reply and the clarification. I'm not a gamer and had forgotten how many people use this site. I had originally just wanted to avoid
1) searching google and DL'ing crapware, bloatware, and junkware and the time consuming process of trying it to see how it worked and 2) figured someone here would 'just know'. I didn't want 30 replies of people dissecting all the hows and whys of compression vs mega vs multiple other options. I'm compressing and splitting the files for someone who isn't computer literate but who is happy to send out the appropriate video clip to people who need it.

so thanks and thanks again and I appreciate your integrity.
Lotta people don't have it - you DO.
Advertisement
_
__

_
SunnyDay101
_
13. August 2013 @ 01:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK, I took a look at the software, Avidemux. All the settings are GREEK to ME.
I tried to load a sample file and all the program did was crash.

I have an FLV file.
Can anyone tell me what format would be good to compress it to,
I need to compress it.

I then need to split it into files small enough to email.

Thankfully these are interviews so the quality can be less than perfect.

Thanks.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > how to compress and split flv for emailing

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork