User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 16:49
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > problems with converting .vob vidoe formats to .mp4
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Problems with converting .vob vidoe formats to .mp4
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
16. September 2013 @ 15:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello guys,

Uff long time since the last time I was here at afterdawn, I think it's about 5 years now:)
So anyways, I'm making a video in Sony Vegas Pro 12. And I have some .vob video files and Sony Vegas does not support those. So I need to convert them into mp4 and I'm struggling to do that for the whole day. I have tried so many video converters and no one worked. Only Handbrake was close, but the quality was just crap and weird. The resolution of the .vob videos is 720x576.

If anyone knows a converter which could finally convert my .vob vidoes into mp4 (so I will be able to edit it in sony vegas) without losing quality, please let me know.
I would really appreciate, if anyone could help me out.

thank in advance,
best regards

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. September 2013 @ 15:28

scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
16. September 2013 @ 19:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not sure why you couldn't use handbrake to make a 1:1 copy as using mediainfo you could get the bitrate from the vob & set it so handbrake used the inputted bitrate

however

vidcoder either x86 or 64bit version,its an offshoot of handbrake it has the manual setting of the final output size if vegas can handle mkv convert it to that instead the quality will be better,you can choose encoder type either ffmpg or x264 & set it to 2 pass,it shouldn't take long to encode

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert video to another format > problems with converting .vob vidoe formats to .mp4

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork