User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 14:03
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > blu-ray > 'the jerk' - coming to blu on july 9, 2013
Show topics

Forums
Forums
'The Jerk' - Coming to Blu on July 9, 2013
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bigben1
_
27. June 2013 @ 01:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Steve Martin's 'The Jerk' is finally coming to Blu-ray on July 9. I've owned the HD DVD version since it was released and, hopefully, the Blu-ray version will be an improvement. The HD DVD version isn't horrible, but Universal could have done a better job with the transfer if it wanted to.

Anyway, regarding the movie, perhaps one of the AVS old-timers can help me remember the details about the soundtrack (musical number) change in 'The Jerk' for home video release?

In the theatrical version, the song/music that was playing over the radio when Mavin (Steve Martin) declares "this music speaks to me" is a number titled "Crazy Rhythm." Then, somewhere along the home video release timeline, a different musical number was substituted for "Crazy Rhythm." Or maybe it was just a different version (different orchestra) performing its version of Crazy Rhythm? As best I can remember, the original music was used for both the VHS and Laserdisc release. I'm reasonably certain the change took place with the first DVD release. As I recall, the back of the DVD contained a notice that some music had been changed (I forget the exact wording).

I'm pretty sure this was all discussed online (Compuserve?) at the time of the DVD release. But lots of Googling has not been able to come up with the answer or any reference to the discussion.

Does anyone here still have the VERY FIRST DVD release? I'd be interested in being reminded of the exact wording regarding the music change.

Or, maybe I'm remembering it wrong and ALL home video versions used the alternate music? (But I don't think so!)

I still own the original DiscoVision Laserdisc release of 'The Jerk.' Unfortunately, my Laserdisc player stopped working years ago and I've never bothered to get it fixed. Maybe I should spend the money just to satisfy my curiosity?
ddp
_
27. June 2013 @ 13:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum as not a "dvd/blu-ray drives" issue.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > blu-ray > 'the jerk' - coming to blu on july 9, 2013

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork