User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 05:53
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > 175w power brick on a 150w console
Show topics

Forums
Forums
175w power brick on a 150w console
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
6. February 2014 @ 19:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My jasper power brick blew out and I was wondering can I use a 175w power brick from a falcon on a jasper unit? I know you can use a high power supply in a PC and it will only use what it needs.

I tried asking a Xbox live ambassador and they said yes, that the plugs are forward compatible. But when I asked Xbox tech support and they said no that it will ruin the console and that I need to order one(sounds like a a bunch of BS to me).

Can I use a 175w power brick from a Falcon on a Jasper with out damage?

Playstation 2-Free McBoot,HDloader 8.0c,Open PS2 Loader 0.7,80gb Maxtor HDD,SMS Media Player,PGen,SNES Station- Installed
GameCube-SDload,SD Card Adapter,BBA Adapter,2 Color Case,GnuboyGX,MPlayer- Installed
ddp
_
6. February 2014 @ 20:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
as long as has same output voltage you are alright. it is the voltage you have to worry about plus meeting the minimum amperage requirements.
richietea
_
7. February 2014 @ 03:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yep i do it on a regular basis.The connector at the top is only marginally different.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. February 2014 @ 12:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I also use a phat power brick on a slim console, they are a lot less noisy than the original slim power bricks. There are addapters for that, by the way.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > 175w power brick on a 150w console

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork