User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 16:45
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > buying an xbox360 from another person, what should i know?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Buying an Xbox360 from another person, what should I know?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
PrettyCoolGuy
_
26. October 2012 @ 10:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello,

sadly the long 'ask a xbox question' thread is closed but I just happen to have a question. Since I want to buy a used Xbox directly from another person for cheaper price, what should I know about its hardware? This is what I think I know: That there are some better and worse 360s cause of the date their hardware was placed in the factory, dont kill me when this isnt true its what I was told :c!

Should I know anything about its production date? Stuff like this, so I wont have any problems with it.

Thank you so much if you find time to reply me.
AfterDawn Addict
_
26. October 2012 @ 12:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The production date is printed on the console, on the back, it's called MFR Date. Assuming you want to buy a phat (the older white model), a 2009 or later 2008 box would be what you are looking for.
Also if you want to be sure not to get a fixed one make sure it hasn't been opened yet (Microsoft seal under the face plate still intact). If it has been opened you could be buying a fixed rrod box, and there are no real permanent fixes, they only last for like 1 to 3 months. On the other hand, if you want to buy one that is able to play backup games it has been opened anyways, then atleast make sure it has the latest drive flash installed (LT 3.0). You might also want to check if the box is still capable of going online, Microsoft bans boxes from going online for playing backup games and hacking.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
beast29
_
23. November 2012 @ 11:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have slims for sale just in case you didnt buy it yet,all flashed to lt 3.0,live safe,unlocked pc board installed
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > buying an xbox360 from another person, what should i know?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork