User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 00:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > can i get xbox to play this video?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Can I get Xbox to play this video?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
8. October 2013 @ 09:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried to play a movie on my usb stick using my xbox but I got the Unplayable Content error with Status Code 69-C00D36B4

Here is the codec info of the file I'm trying to play:

Quote:

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom
File size : 1.45 GiB
Duration : 2h 12mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 1 566 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2013-06-19 12:49:59
Tagged date : UTC 2013-06-19 12:49:59

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 12 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 2h 12mn
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 1 372 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 62.5 Mbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 544 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.35:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 24.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.082
Or if this video cannot be played, is there any way I can convert it to another format to play it without loss of quality on my xbox?
Advertisement
_
__
richietea
_
8. October 2013 @ 10:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AVC..or MP4 format can play but it depends on the audio format.AAC for instance can struggle if the bitrate is too high.You could try a video converter something like convertX to dvd,burn to disk and play through the dvd drive.Also have to gone on xbox live to update all your media codecs?
_
8. October 2013 @ 11:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I should burn it to a normal DVD right? And yes, I did download the media update via XBL.
_
17. October 2013 @ 12:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
After burning the video to a DVD, I found that the quality of the video decreased by quite a lot. Is there any way to avoid this decrease in quality? Can't I get the Xbox to play the video from a USB?
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
17. October 2013 @ 13:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quality is determined by bitrate yours is 1.3 which is a pitiful encode best used on a small screen. Attempting to recode reduces quality even further as you've found out, your options are limited to either doing the encode yourself from the original dvd (would require a larger file size of around 2gb or more)or attempt a recode from a much higher bitrated video,the best option would be if you require portability is get a small form factor type pc & set it up as a media centre this will allow better quality videos to be played that are encoded to mkv as an example brrip.eu a movie of say 2.5gb will have a bitrate of 3000 the quality & sound will be excellant but most importantly the file size is still small the downside is the 360 can't play them to be honest the 360 is a pitiful excuse of a media player that i don't even waste my time attempting to get my jtag to play them

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. October 2013 @ 13:30

richietea
_
18. October 2013 @ 03:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
Quality is determined by bitrate yours is 1.3 which is a pitiful encode best used on a small screen. Attempting to recode reduces quality even further as you've found out, your options are limited to either doing the encode yourself from the original dvd (would require a larger file size of around 2gb or more)or attempt a recode from a much higher bitrated video,the best option would be if you require portability is get a small form factor type pc & set it up as a media centre this will allow better quality videos to be played that are encoded to mkv as an example brrip.eu a movie of say 2.5gb will have a bitrate of 3000 the quality & sound will be excellant but most importantly the file size is still small the downside is the 360 can't play them to be honest the 360 is a pitiful excuse of a media player that i don't even waste my time attempting to get my jtag to play them
That is why i use a second party streamer such as ps3 media server or tversity.It can play .mkv's but to be honest it is a bit hit and miss and its not just the bitrate that is a concern the bandwidth issue comes into play.From a previous thread that Arsenal posted he mentioned only having a 1 meg downstream.Playing highly compressed audio/video is going to struggle whatever he uses.Personally i have a 40 meg line as the children have multiple devices connected yet i can stream mkv's quite well although errors do appear when pausing this format.I think the way he should go is what you said source a larger file and then encode and rip to dvd.Maybe using something like convertX or Joboshare.
_
18. October 2013 @ 06:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Source a larger file how?
_
19. October 2013 @ 15:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can't I get the Xbox to play the video from the USB instead of burning it onto a disc?
tongs007
_
20. October 2013 @ 14:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by arsenalforever:
Can't I get the Xbox to play the video from the USB instead of burning it onto a disc?
convert it to a avi, format the usb stick to fat32 and it will play, the quality will still probably suck
_
20. October 2013 @ 15:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Any way to go about format conversion without loss of quality? What do you mean *STILL* probably suck?
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
20. October 2013 @ 21:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Best way to give an example is a cd rip of 128 kbps compared to one that was 320 kbps compared to one at 1000kbps,the higher the bitrate the better the depth & the less tinny it sounds on a house stereo,same thing for video the lower the bitrate the more pixelated & washed it appears where as going higher in the bitrate the better the video quality will be,go ahead download a 2gb size movie from where i told you,play it on the computer compare it to the mp4 you have notice the difference,if you install klite full & enable mediainfo on it you can right clik any media file it will show you the bitrate of the vid/audio this will help make you understand higher bitrate = better quality,higher resolution means nothing its video/audio bitrate that matters.

Unless you have dvd's that you can convert yourself you will need to get hold of low quality videos to play them on the 360,reconverting is a pain & loss of quality will always happen as you need to convert to a smaller size,as of yet i haven't attempted to convert any of the movies i've got from brrip,so am unable to advise what size file is required to download to be able to reconvert to a smaller size so the 360 can play them while keeping some reasonable quality,since i don't use the 360 but use my comp i'm eventually going to have to convert a few to save space,however when i'm encoding dvd's i use vidcoder & set out put to 2gb,this gives a good quality video & on a 42" tv looks good,the smaller the tv the better it will appear

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. October 2013 @ 21:11

_
21. October 2013 @ 09:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks a lot for your reply mate. Can vidcoder help me in what I'm trying to do, ie play videos on 360?
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
21. October 2013 @ 13:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
vidcoder is a video encoder to recode video from one format to another,for playing you could try streaming tho that will still require compatible video encode settings of the movie for the 360 to be able to play it

_
7. December 2013 @ 09:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
In this link http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/...-video-playback

it says that the Xbox can play audio profile of two-channel AAC low complexity (LC)

Is there a way to find out the audio profile of my video file? I tried using 'MediaInfo' but it's not telling me the audio profile.
richietea
_
10. December 2013 @ 03:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you are running the film straight from the dash then the codecs used are different to what media centre uses.The AAC is the issue here.The only thing to do is use a program to downgrade the quality of the audio to 2.0 stereo.Failing that,cannot you just stream a movie from a pc/laptop with media player extender.6 channel audio is always going to struggle with your bandwidth.Avs converter will allow you to convert to a profile which will be compatible with a particular output..Ie ps3/xbox 360/ipod etc.This and every other reply is the only way it can play properly.I dont see why its such a hardship just to use a program like nero,convert to vob and burn to disc.
_
10. December 2013 @ 23:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh I bought a media player and it plays the video fine. All I want to know is how you guys figured out that it was the AAC that was causing the issue and not a video codec? Also, I spoke to Xbox customer care and he told me that the problem was with the video codec because had it been with the audio codec, the video would've played WITHOUT THE SOUND.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
15. December 2013 @ 19:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Video Codec is for playback of SUPPORTED formats like mkv,mp4 etc,the 360 is limited in the types of audio & video it can play directly from a usb device & apparently from a streaming pc as well because of the 360's limitations it's not hard to figure out where the issue lies

an example would be a mp4 file with 5:1 audio at 448kbs,the vid played fine but no audio,file plays fine on a pc further investigation proved the stupid 360 had audio limits grrrrrrr

thebox
_
16. December 2013 @ 08:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Without converting your file, try making sure your XBOX360 is connected to the internet.
I've tried without being connected and and I get the error.
But when it's connected to the internet, it plays fine.
I'm thinking it's due to licencing and with the internet connection, it activates the playability.

ahhhhh!!! cobras
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
16. December 2013 @ 12:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
from the bottom of this thread go upwards till you reach the post made by "richietea"

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > can i get xbox to play this video?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork