User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 16:36
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > how to conect to xbl?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How to conect to XBL?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
4. October 2013 @ 11:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello I have a Phat Xbox 360 which I want to connect to XBL. The Xbox is in my living room but my Wi-fi router is in my bed room. What I did was connected the xbox to my laptop using the ethernet cable to connect to XBL. But now I'm thinking of buying a router. Which one would you suggest? I need basic gaming, nothing more.

Another thing: My broadband speed is 600kbps. Is this enough to play on XBL?

Also, is this what I need: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/tplink-...campaign=21_286 ?
Advertisement
_
__
tongs007
_
4. October 2013 @ 12:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
_
4. October 2013 @ 20:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the reply but I live in India mate. Is the product in the link I have given what I'm looking for?
tongs007
_
5. October 2013 @ 04:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by arsenalforever:
Thanks for the reply but I live in India mate. Is the product in the link I have given what I'm looking for?
no you need an xbox wifi adapter
richietea
_
5. October 2013 @ 04:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try this link

http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubViewItem?...x-360-US-Seller

or type in xbox wifi adapter on the ebay india site,scroll down right to the bottom and select the cheapest option.Note that they will ship to your country but you have to pay duty/tax charges,so check how much it will be to have it sent to you.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. October 2013 @ 04:23

AfterDawn Addict
_
5. October 2013 @ 05:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Pretty expensive, if you want it cheaper you can use a wifi bridge addapter like this:
http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubSearch?qwd=vap11G&catId=

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
richietea
_
6. October 2013 @ 06:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I used to just use a laptop wifi connected to the xbox 360 with the bridged connection saves money buying the adapters,which ive had 3 of and never worked properly in the first place.If you have a spare old desktop with a wifi card or a laptop with wifi use those.
_
6. October 2013 @ 06:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What's wrong with the link I posted? Btw my internet speed is 600 kbps. Is that enough to play on XBL?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. October 2013 @ 06:50

AfterDawn Addict
_
7. October 2013 @ 13:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by arsenalforever:
What's wrong with the link I posted?

It won't work, because it only connects to USB, and therefore the Xbox 360 won't recognize it.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
_
8. October 2013 @ 09:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If using a laptop and bridging the connections has the same quality as using a wifi bridge adapter, then I'll stick to using the laptop.

Btw, is 600kbps good enough to play online? I've been wanting to get an xbox live gold account but unfortunately there is no free trial by means of which I can ascertain whether my internet speed is sufficient or not.
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. October 2013 @ 11:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Normally there should be a one-month free tril month when you sign up.

richietea
_
8. October 2013 @ 12:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thats right you get a months free trial when you register your card/bank details.They also have free weekends.There has just been one here in the uk 5/6th Oct.I don't know if that applies anywhere else around the globe it may differ from country to country.600 kbps is a bit of a squeeze you will have to make sure your not using your bandwidth elsewhere when your on mulitplayer.Ping your Laptop's IP address with cmd promp and see what comes back.
_
8. October 2013 @ 13:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well I haven't registered my card or bank. Can I avail the free weekends even if I haven't registered my bank/card?
_
9. October 2013 @ 01:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I missed the free weekend by one day in my country. When do you reckon it'll be back?

And is this coupon legit: http://www.ebay.in/itm/Xbox-Live-1-Mont...=item20d7d4fa76

I pinged my laptop's IP address and this is what I got:

Quote:
Pinging 192.168.0.106 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.0.106: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.106:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. October 2013 @ 01:55

Advertisement
_
__

_
MichaelPhillipis
_
30. December 2013 @ 00:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, Hope this tips will help.

* Make sure that you purchase an xbox live networking adapter since it's designed to work with the xbox 360.
* If you keep on failing on the network adapter test then try to connect on all the ports. Chances will be that your back port is defective.
* Verify if your router is within 30 feet range from the networking a adapter
* If connecting all ports didn't seem to work, then try to connect other devices on all the ports like an iPod or a wired controller or even a play and charge kit to make sure that the ports are working fine.
* If you want to make your XBOX Hookup to a wireless internet connection to sign up for x-box live, then you just enter in your USB Wireless Internet Hub and click join XBOX LIVE.
* Make sure you have a router or a gateway before you purchase a networking adapter. The networking adapter will not work if what you have is a modem.

<a hrep="http://www.celebrityballa.com/">Celebrity News</a>
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > how to conect to xbl?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork