User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 06:13
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > unrecognized disc error
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Unrecognized Disc Error
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Allenfourlife
_
5. November 2013 @ 18:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello everyone!

I'm having problems with my Xbox 360 (obviously). I'm trying to play Madden 08, and I'm getting the unrecognized disc error. I recently replaced my laser lens and thought that it would read games better. I get the status code 06-2E-00. I was also having the same problem with Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X, and that one had a different status code, I think, don't hold me to that. I'm also having problems with Grand Theft Auto V, where it takes forever to read the game, and it won't say play game after some time, sometimes it says "Open Tray," so then I open it and close it, turn it off, and repeat this randomly. After some time it will actually say, play game/ GTA V. Anyway, I'm hoping there's something I can do to fix this. If there is, can someone please point me in the right direction, or just tell me how to do it? If there isn't a fix, and you know for sure that I need a new Xbox at least tell me, and explain why, and what is happening!

Thanks,
Shane (:
richietea
_
6. November 2013 @ 04:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello Shane.It could be a bad laser replacement.Some lasers are meant to be brand new but some are reconditioned hops.Make sure all the anti static solder is removed from all 3 traces.It may be a case of the ohms been too high or too low from the factory laser.A simple pot tweak of will help.There are guides out there which show you how to use a multimeter to pot tweak to recommended guidelines.Also check the guide rails are free of dirt and are greased,the worm motor and spindle are running fine and the laser cable is attached soundly.It is best to check all of these with the dvd unit open and running a disk with a spare magnet.You never mentioned if you are running backups or original disks as backups are another point in question.
Allenfourlife
_
7. November 2013 @ 20:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah, all 3 traces of the anti static solder is removed. I don't really want to mess anything up with that little stuff, pot tweaking and what not. I'm using original NTSC Xbox 360/Microsoft certified games. I also found that after putting my original laser back in so I can actually play games, didn't work either, so now I'm just assuming it's the DVD drive, or the Xbox 360. Either way I have to buy something.
Advertisement
_
__

_
richietea
_
10. November 2013 @ 04:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
they are the main components of the drive,other than the pcb.If that had broken it would not work at all.On some drives they are spring loaded screws to the spindle motor try adjusting the height so the laser is closer to the disc.I found that after replacing a laser on one of the dozens Ive done these screws had come slack so the space between the disc and laser was too great for it to read all the data.Try checking this.If not there is nothing really more i can suggest other than replacing the whole drive and flashing the dvd keys over.Pending on what drive you have you may be able to take out the broken drives pcb and connect the cables to the new drive.Others require you to solder off the wires and resolder to the new unit.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > unrecognized disc error

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork