User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 14:55
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > upgrading my hdd in old xbox.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Upgrading my HDD in old XBOX.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ChrispySaurus
_
24. February 2014 @ 19:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am using the instructions from this thread: 203286 to replace the HDD for my old XBOX with a larger one.

When I boot my PC with only the new HDD in it and my SATA Optical drive, I get a
"Shotdown! dev/hda not detected" however, when I watch the linux boot, dev/hda is being assigned to my Optical drive and dev/hdc is the new HDD.

How can I correct this?

ChrispySaurus
Advertisement
_
__
richietea
_
25. February 2014 @ 05:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are you using a compatible HDD? are you trying to flash with the 3 partitions using hdhacker? Not sure what you are trying to achieve.
ChrispySaurus
_
25. February 2014 @ 20:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I used XBOXHDM 1.9 to create an iso image of my C E drives, burned it to bootable dvd, but when I boot from the linux disk on my PC with the new HDD and my SATA DVD Rom (Plextor 880 S, if memory serves) it assigns, DEV/HDA to the DVD and DEV/HDC to the drive, and says no master disk detected? How can I make XBOXHDM see my HDD as Primary, MASTER. By the way it IS Primary MASTER in the BIOS. And yes I've tried three different HDD's all from the approved list, with the same result. Thanks for your quick reply :)
richietea
_
26. February 2014 @ 15:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What i do if i have problems with a HDD being picked up is use a laptop,pull out the O/S HDD and place the one you want to flash and create partitions in.Use hdhacker on usb and boot to that.Then you should see the drive to flash,No conflicts etc.
ChrispySaurus
_
26. February 2014 @ 17:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Would you have a TUT on this method?
richietea
_
27. February 2014 @ 04:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ChrispySaurus
_
27. February 2014 @ 11:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Will this work with a Classic XBOX, as well as the 360, mine is not a 360...
richietea
_
27. February 2014 @ 12:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Misread the thread my mistake.That was instructions for the 360.The only guide i have used ages ago is from this link
http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/43304-...-original-xbox/

Should of realized when you mentioned XBOXHDM 1.9..
Have a look at that link anyway.Sorry for the misunderstanding.Dohhh..
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
28. February 2014 @ 17:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Active original xbox forum

http://www.theisozone.com/

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > upgrading my hdd in old xbox.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork