User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 19:36
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > xecuter 3 modchip for the original xbox
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Xecuter 3 ModChip for the Original Xbox
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AlaskaCC
_
7. February 2014 @ 14:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I posted an open letter to Team Xecuter on their forums requesting that they produce a new run of their best products for the Original Xbox. I would sincerely appreciate it if you would join the discussion and express your interest. If sufficient customers offer commitments to purchase new product for the venerable Original Xbox then perhaps TX will respond.

I respect the users here and would sincerely appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Since I am unable to post a link to the thread, please go to Team Xecuter's forums and look for the thread in Discontinued Products / Xecuter 3 Help & Support. You will see the open letter post there.

AlaskaCC aka CCRider

For those who prefer not to visit the site, here is the letter I posted:

Request to restart production of Xecuter 3 Modchip and several ancillary products.

The relative value of an Original Xbox presents an interesting opportunity to Team Xecuter, in my view. Consider the following facts and opinions:
1. The Original Xbox is cheap and plentiful.
2. It is now perceived as retro product or vintage gear in the minds of many gamers.
3. There are a huge number of dedicated Xbox Original users.
4. A new wave of users have entered the market due to CoinOPS, emus and softmodded systems.
5. There are a multitude of spare parts, upgrades, documented mods and hacks that make this the greatest console for the person who wants to personalize their system.
6. Scores of current soft-modders and former hard-modders are very familiar with the system.
7. CoinOPS and the rest of the emulator scene continue to provide an outstanding range of gaming options that are simply amazing.
8. Xbox Media Center for the Original Xbox still offers a great platform as a media hub and menu system.
9. Opinion: It is unlikely that sales in this market segment would poach any sales from Xbox 360 or Xbox One modding products.
10. Challenge: PATA hard drives are not as plentiful as they used to be. The difficulties of sourcing sufficient drive upgrades or incorporating SATA drives is problematic. Replacement DVD drives are also difficult to locate.

Key points:
· Team Xecuter made the best mods for the Original Xbox.
· The X3 modchip and BIOS were the best combination for the Original Xbox.
· Team Xecuter had a solid support system for its products.
· The Xecuter 3 Control Panel and Pro Switch gave modders plenty of upgrade options.
· Team Xecuter products, particularly the ones mentioned in the above point, are very much sought after by collectors and modders today.

Is it a growing market? No. However, there are sufficient numbers of interested consumers and the potential for new customers.
Why a modchip instead of a simple soft-mod when there is no need to protect the system from Xbox Live exposure? The wow factor! The Xecuter name! So much of this scene has always been about personalization and having a better system than one?s peers, or at least matching them.

Potential production and sales options:

Limited run of the most desirable products ? X3 modchip, X3 Control Panel and Pro Switch. Produced in sufficient numbers to satisfy the market, generate some buzz, remind the ?old guard? about the glory days, provide a ?thank you? to the scores of faithful Team Xecuter fans. While the market waits for Xbox One mods this could be a way to generate some additional sales.

I do not know what the financial thresholds are or what volume of product would need to be produced in order for this to make sense for Team Xecuter. I am willing to make a material financial commitment and have communicated with other customers who have the same view. Specifically, one customer is willing to purchase 25 X3 modchips. I will distribute the product if necessary. I would even be willing to get pre-commitments.

I also recognize that attention is presently on Xbox One, which is forward looking. Generating product for a system that is two generations back may not be part of the plan. How much effort is required to pull the kit out of mothballs and restart production? Is there enough interest within Team Xecuter to make this happen?

I am willing to help in any way I can to make this a reality.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. February 2014 @ 15:43

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > xecuter 3 modchip for the original xbox

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork