User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 21:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps3 - everything else > hdmi setup, some games look more fluent ,better, play at 720 instead of 1080?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
hdmi setup, some games look more fluent ,better, play at 720 instead of 1080?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
tjschotz1
_
5. April 2013 @ 16:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ive had my hdmi cord for a bit, i upgraded to a better quality one, today i played ac3 and the graphics where fluent so it looked life like,like the graphics of my batarkam city looked on my friends tv. But when i put in batman arkham city it didnt,the tv aaid on the corner it was only playin at 720.
Do i need a tv with better framerate? But if this is the case how come ac3 showed up so fluently and framerate was amazing. And why did batman a.c. looks better on my friends tv?

Whats the best setting for hdmi cord? My tv its a sharp lcd, i think 32inch. I tried forsing games to play on 1080 but it didnt give it that fluent look. My tv can go up to 1080i.
Whats the difference between 1080i and 1080p?
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. April 2013 @ 21:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Size is the diff 1080i is the same as 720p,ok a better way of putting it is it's almost equivalent,i suspect your tv can't output 1080p,so for now you may or may not need to strike a balance by adjusting ps3 output resolution to suit your tv.

next up the tv has picture options by either sharpening or softening,color adjust etc, again you need to muck about with the settings to get best look

tjschotz1
_
6. April 2013 @ 20:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
Size is the diff 1080i is the same as 720p,ok a better way of putting it is it's almost equivalent,i suspect your tv can't output 1080p,so for now you may or may not need to strike a balance by adjusting ps3 output resolution to suit your tv.

next up the tv has picture options by either sharpening or softening,color adjust etc, again you need to muck about with the settings to get best look
Ok. Ive done the calibrations with a monsterhdtv dvd.
But in a tv what am i looking for to make it look more fluent? How come some tvs look more life like ,like it has more frames per sec, or idk. Does anyone know what im trying to say? Bcs when i go buy a new tv i want my shows ,movies ,and my video games to look more life like, real time, fluent between the animations. I know it can cuz ive seen other tvs play my games and they look amazing! What am i looking for ? Whats the technical term?

1 product review
_
6. April 2013 @ 21:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what you're looking for called Motion interpolation... here is a small quote from Wikipedia

Quote:
Motion interpolation is a form of video processing in which intermediate animation frames are generated between existing ones, in an attempt to make animation more fluid, and to compensate for display motion blur.
the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_interpolation

anyway.... while it looks "life like" or "smooth" its not really effective its just doubles or triples etc... the frames of the movie/game/tv.... i for one have asus 120hz lcd monitor... its nice while the monitor actually does 120hz while watching videos or playing games at v sync of 120.... but also having Philips 3d tv with "trumotion"(240hz) this is not a true 240hz and has plenty of visual artifacts that are not present on my 120hz monitor... also take note that input on these tvs is still 60hz that's what ps3/xbox output... so what you're watching on those tvs is double(120) or quadruple(240) of the original speed.... while games output at 60p... movies output at 24p(bluray) 25(dvd) 30(dvd) 48p(3d movies)60p(bluray) these tvs just make the picture move smoother due to fact they cant keep up with the speed of motion... anyway check the wiki link hope you got your answer lol :3

PC i7 3770K 8Gb Ram Radeon 290X 4TB WD Black 60Gb SDD
Xbox360 Slim RGH Dash 16202
Xbox360 PHAT 14719 BENQ drive
Black PS3 CECH-L04 PS3ITA 4.50 Converted DEX
White PS3 CECH-2506B PS3ITA 4.50 Converted DEX
Black PS3 DECH-J00A DEX FW4.50
Advertisement
_
__

_
tjschotz1
_
11. April 2013 @ 23:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Cyprien:
what you're looking for called Motion interpolation... here is a small quote from Wikipedia

Quote:
Motion interpolation is a form of video processing in which intermediate animation frames are generated between existing ones, in an attempt to make animation more fluid, and to compensate for display motion blur.
the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_interpolation

anyway.... while it looks "life like" or "smooth" its not really effective its just doubles or triples etc... the frames of the movie/game/tv.... i for one have asus 120hz lcd monitor... its nice while the monitor actually does 120hz while watching videos or playing games at v sync of 120.... but also having Philips 3d tv with "trumotion"(240hz) this is not a true 240hz and has plenty of visual artifacts that are not present on my 120hz monitor... also take note that input on these tvs is still 60hz that's what ps3/xbox output... so what you're watching on those tvs is double(120) or quadruple(240) of the original speed.... while games output at 60p... movies output at 24p(bluray) 25(dvd) 30(dvd) 48p(3d movies)60p(bluray) these tvs just make the picture move smoother due to fact they cant keep up with the speed of motion... anyway check the wiki link hope you got your answer lol :3
Where on my tv can i mess with the option? Or most tvs dont have it?
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps3 - everything else > hdmi setup, some games look more fluent ,better, play at 720 instead of 1080?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork