Show topics

Forums
Forums
No HDMI output
  Jump to:

Posted Message
neilcolt
_
16. October 2013 @ 16:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I cant seem to get a HDMI output from the PS3.Ive been into settings and when I select the HDMI mode and it tells me ive got 30 seconds to try and and get a signal on my TV hdmi channel(TV hdi2 in my case) I just get a black screen saying no signal.
Ive done the "hold down the power button for 30 seconds to reset screen,but to avail.
Is there any other setting apart from the one in the display settings which shows the pictures of the plugs,ie Hdmi,RGB scart etc.
I have a feeling there might be another one ive missed somewhere.
I am presently using the old RGB setting on the PS3 at present.

Cheers NeilC
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. October 2013 @ 18:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Normally you can just plug in the HDMI cable, PS3 detects it and uses HDMI as output, no need for the switching. Remove the RGB cable, plug in the HDMI cable and restart your PS3. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is a faulty HDMI cable.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
17. October 2013 @ 00:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My 360 won't display thru hdmi to my tv not because of the console or cable but because of the tv itself,web search brings up the same as others with different tv's especially 08-09 & its hit or miss if hdmi will work,later model tv's are fine works great on a mates hdmi tv,web search your make & model of tv see if others are having the same issues with ps3 incl 360's

neilcolt
_
17. October 2013 @ 04:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I pulled out the RGB connection but unfortunately that did not work,however I got a new message from the TV saying "this mode of resolution is not suppporter on this TV".
The TV is only a year old and the HDMI outputs work with every other equipment HDMI.
So as we have a new message least we are getting somewhere.
I still thing there is another setting somewhere I have missed.??

Thanks again.
neilcolt
_
17. October 2013 @ 06:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi thanks for all your help again,problem solved this morning Basically as one of you told you me earlier, my HDMI sockets are not the same.HDMI(1) and I have another HDMI/DVI (2),soon as i swapped my console output to this HDMI/DVI the PS3 did a small setup procedure for HDMI quality.I just kept pressing ok and its now set-up.
Anyway problem solved.
Just now the wifes tivo box wont play on the other HDMI output but we have 3 happy gamers in the house now.RESULT!!!.

Cheers.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
17. October 2013 @ 13:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can i have that tv :p it sux having to use component when i know hdmi vid quality is frak'n unbelievable & nobody i know wants to part with their tv's *runs away balling eyes out*

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. October 2013 @ 13:46

Advertisement
_
__

_
neilcolt
_
18. October 2013 @ 08:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Its just a samsung 42 inch no fancy smart TV on it.Its quite strange how the Ps3 and the Vivo box will only work HDMI in that HDMI/DVI socket,they wont work in the other standard HDMI socket.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps3 - everything else > no hdmi output

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork