Show topics

Forums
Forums
Ripping blurays
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bigo93
_
21. March 2011 @ 16:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm beginning to think t cant be done :(

I've got my bluray movie, created the iso on ps3 ydl, transfered it to an external drive, transfered it to my pc, installed virtual clonedrive, install powerdvd, mounted the image and it is not recodnised.

And I cant find a resonable straight forward guide either. I;m sure ppl were saying you can back up blurays and play them on your pc since the ps3 came out, so why cant i get it to work? :'(

Advertisement
_
__
_
21. March 2011 @ 20:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have not used powerdvd in years, Will it play from virtual drive?
What you could do is use winimage or isobuster to make a bluray folder and play it from there. Should work, It does with total media theater anyway.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. March 2011 @ 20:31

bigo93
_
21. March 2011 @ 22:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'll try it tomorrow with those, thanks.

Like I said I cant find a proper guide to do this, which I find surprising; just getting the iso out from the ps3 was quite a hassle, i wanted to connect the ps3 to my pc directly via ethernet but couldnt, so instead used an external hdd, which had to be formatted in ext2, then getting windows to recognise that!

Really looks like a lot of jumping around is needed to do this.

bigo93
_
22. March 2011 @ 13:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Duh me. Just found out that when you rip the iso it also copies across the protection, no wonder why it would not work. Have to get something to bypass the encryption now. :(

16 product reviews
_
22. March 2011 @ 13:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
After you got the ISO on your PC have you tried to use DVDFab on it to try and take out the copy protection or re-rip it?

bigo93
_
22. March 2011 @ 14:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So far used Anydvd, though that's on a trial, so just need to find something that's free.

Advertisement
_
__

_

16 product reviews
_
22. March 2011 @ 14:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bigo93:
So far used Anydvd, though that's on a trial, so just need to find something that's free.
Should be easy enough. Glad to see you got it working.

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps3 - everything else > ripping blurays

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork