Show topics

Forums
Forums
Streaming Video
  Jump to:

Posted Message
davecabez
_
28. November 2013 @ 04:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,
I want to stream audio/video from my desktop over my LAN to my TV in another part of my house. Is it possible to stream live video running on my computer ie streaming from the internet to my PS3 then to my TV via HDMI. If it's possible is there a guide to show me how to do it. I'm running windows 7 ultimate.

Regards,

Dave

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. November 2013 @ 05:54

gman4
_
1. December 2013 @ 18:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by davecabez:
Hi,
I want to stream audio/video from my desktop over my LAN to my TV in another part of my house. Is it possible to stream live video running on my computer ie streaming from the internet to my PS3 then to my TV via HDMI. If it's possible is there a guide to show me how to do it. I'm running windows 7 ultimate.

Regards,

Dave
Your PS3 has a web browser (it's one of the ps3's menu choices)so, as long as your ps3 is connected to your network, you should be able to stream videos directly from the internet with your PS3. You can stream media files from your PC if they are in folders accessible by your pc's media server. In the PS3 menus, (music, video, pictures, etc), your PC's media server should show up. I don't think you can do exactly what you are asking/hoping, but you shouldn't need to anyways. Good luck.

Rob
mellio
_
28. January 2014 @ 10:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by davecabez:
Hi,

Regards,

Dave
Hi Dave,

Yes you can do that. There is a PS3 media server out there but I use the UPC version called Twonky which the PS3 will pick up once you have it installed on your laptop/PC and its running.

The important thing to do when you have set it up is ensure the file path in Twonky is directed to your movie files folder.

I will say though you will get lags in the stream sometimes and it will freeze the movie, 9 times out of 10 you have to go back to the beginning.

I use my Horizon box to do this and the connection always drops out cutting the prgram/film off midway through it, real pain in the N*ts.

Good luck with it anyway.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps3 - everything else > streaming video

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork