User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 03:01
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows 8 discussion > cannot open or uninstall program
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Cannot open or uninstall program
  Jump to:

Posted Message
durkinjt
_
8. July 2013 @ 11:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just installed Win 8, Chameleon Clock, a reminder program that pops up when an appointment is due, will not open, when I try to uninstall it, I get the

message that the program is open and must be closed to uninstall, cannot find it to close it, another WIn 8 nightmare, used this program for years without a

problem, any help appreciated.It was always hidden in the start menu, when putting the cursor on the start area it would pop up, now nothing?

James T. Durkin
rulisky
_
8. July 2013 @ 11:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does Windows 8 have a Task Manager? I use Win 7 so am not well versed in 8. But anyway, open the Manager and look for the running file you want to stop and just end it. Then you should be able to uninstall it.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
8. July 2013 @ 23:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
could also look in services & disable it or attempt removal in safe mode,not on my win 7 machine at the mo so give this a go

using "run" in start menu or "command prompt" type services.msc right clik on offending software & select disable

another option is use ccleaner to disable startup of it or use msconfig to disable it there

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. July 2013 @ 23:37

Advertisement
_
__

_
durkinjt
_
9. July 2013 @ 11:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
could also look in services & disable it or attempt removal in safe mode,not on my win 7 machine at the mo so give this a go

using "run" in start menu or "command prompt" type services.msc right clik on offending software & select disable

another option is use ccleaner to disable startup of it or use msconfig to disable it there

Thanks for the replies,I found on the top right of the screen barely visible, was always on bottom of screen!!

James T. Durkin
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows 8 discussion > cannot open or uninstall program

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork