User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 18:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows 8 discussion > desktop shutdown problem
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Desktop Shutdown Problem
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Outgoingjake
_
12. April 2013 @ 16:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I bought my new PC about 2 months ago. It had never done this before. A few weeks ago, I noticed that when I shut my computer down or restart it through the PC, it takes over 5 minutes to actually shut down. (CONTINUED BELOW)
The monitor display goes off, but the PC doesn't. My chassis has a Power button (obviously) and a restart button. If I hit the restart button once, it restarts fine, within 2 minutes i'm at my desktop. I have read the manual, and found nothing related to this. I have done my google searches, and found nothing. I have NO idea what the problem is. I have also gone through and checked for updates on all drivers. Thanks for the help!
Advertisement
_
__
_
12. April 2013 @ 20:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i would first take it back to where you bought it and take advantage of your warranty.messing with it yourself could void said warranty. i assume its under warranty?
_
13. April 2013 @ 14:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you know,in thinking about this i am inclined to ask also: have you installed any new software before this happened? any error messages? have you tried a system restore to before this happened?these are things you can do before going for warranty.
Outgoingjake
_
14. April 2013 @ 11:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by aldan:
you know,in thinking about this i am inclined to ask also: have you installed any new software before this happened? any error messages? have you tried a system restore to before this happened?these are things you can do before going for warranty.
I may have installed software before this, but I was to stupid to stop and think about it when this started happening -_- There is an error message: "A problem caused your PC to restart." ---- The thing is, this happens after I shut my PC down and start it up a few days later even. I will most likely call Cybertron Tech Support, even though I probably won't be able to understand them. xD

-Go Computers!-
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
14. April 2013 @ 21:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
let us know how it worked out.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows 8 discussion > desktop shutdown problem

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork