User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 02:46
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows 8 discussion > i have a problem with windows 8
Show topics

Forums
Forums
I have a problem with Windows 8
  Jump to:

Posted Message
cooltwou
_
24. July 2013 @ 22:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I entered in to my computer with Windows 8 a Digital Copy of a Movie & it gave me a link to upgrade setting for Windows Media Player but when I goto hit upgrade it is grayed out & I don't know what to do now
Advertisement
_
__
rulisky
_
25. July 2013 @ 08:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does your WMP still work on your Win8 computer? Will it play the Digital Copy of the movie?

If so, you may have the latest version of WMP with no need to upgrade.

Go to the Microsoft web site and check out the various versions of WMP to see if you need anything at all.
cooltwou
_
25. July 2013 @ 09:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well I can't get to the part where it will put the digtal copy on my computer because it goes to the upgrade screen before I can put the code in & I seen other people have the same problem also
rulisky
_
25. July 2013 @ 21:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If others are having the same problem, it might be best to approach this matter thru the MS people. At least try to contact them. Check their Forums and FAQs.
cooltwou
_
26. July 2013 @ 11:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i did look though the pages & i even contacted there customer support & they said they could not help me unless i pay 99 dollars & i don't have that to give them & i have tried different steps & nothing helped at all so i am still stuck can't upgrade the security component for windows media player to copy the digtal copy
rulisky
_
26. July 2013 @ 12:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp

Here is a link thru MS that I found for upgrading the security component for wmp. Take it to your device and follow the prompts. If it works post results for others to find and use.

Hope it helps (I do not use Win 8, so do not know).
cooltwou
_
26. July 2013 @ 12:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I went to that link & the upgrade button is grayed out & I don't know what to do about that
rulisky
_
26. July 2013 @ 13:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here is the link to my Google search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=upgrade...x-a&channel=rcs

See if anything looks promising to you. I am out of ideas unless the search terms are changed. Maybe Google with turn something up.

One other thought. Look at DVDFab. I think it has features to convert your original disc to a digital format for use on various devices. Might be an easier path.
Advertisement
_
__

_
megadunderhead
_
3. December 2013 @ 21:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i can answer that question!!!

is it a OEM copy or a Store bought copy...

reason!!!

microsoft upgraded the windows store to windows 8.1 if you don't have windows 8.1 installed you cannot install the component it will be grayed out on the machine!!!
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows 8 discussion > i have a problem with windows 8

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork