User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 19:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows 8 discussion > windows 8 developer preview: q&a
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Windows 8 Developer preview: Q&A
  Jump to:

Posted Message
megadunderhead
_
12. February 2012 @ 21:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So lets start a Q & A Here at after dawn we do need one for a lot of issues.

i will begin.

Question: i heard there is a developers preview out for windows 8 do i have to download it from a torrent site.

Answer: no the developers preview is currently available from microsoft for free to download the preview deactivates itself after march 12 2012

Question: is it true windows 8 requires a windows live id for certain features inside the start menu.

Answer: yes right now the developers preview requires windows live it is integrated into the build portion of the start menu in the developers version. look for the icon called build windows.

Question: Can i use a activation exploit on the developers preview.

Answer: no you cannot because this version of the developers preview contains new anti piracy measures that are always on and connected to the internet if you attempt to mod the files windows 8 will deactivate restart and ask to reactivate windows don't try don't bother.

Question: do i really need 1 gig of ram to just run the developers preview

Answer: Yes i would recommend it because currently from what i have used and seen myself of this preview its more stable with more ram.

Anyone else run into anything
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows 8 discussion > windows 8 developer preview: q&a

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork