User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 14:05
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows 8 discussion > windows 8 disc confusion
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Windows 8 disc confusion
  Jump to:

Posted Message
snarple
_
30. May 2013 @ 16:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, so I'm a little confused. I just recently bought a cheap Mac Mini from Best Buy and had hopes of using a Mac program called Boot Camp to install Windows 8 alongside my Mac OS. The problem I'm having is I'm not sure if the Windows 8 disc is able to do more then just upgrade older versions of Windows.

This is what I bought

Can this disc install Windows 8 on a drive that doesn't have Windows already on it? I haven't open it in fear of it just being a upgrade. Any info would be appreciated.
Advertisement
_
__
snarple
_
30. May 2013 @ 16:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
In computer terms can this disc do a clean install of Windows 8?
rulisky
_
30. May 2013 @ 17:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The title of the item, according to your link, says UPGRADE. And the description further states "Upgrades Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP to Windows 8 Pro". I would take it back, unopened for a refund at BB. I do believe you want the FULL program; probably costs more, too. Unless you have one of those other versions of windows to install and then use the upgrade disc. Cheers.
snarple
_
30. May 2013 @ 17:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rulisky:
The title of the item, according to your link, says UPGRADE. And the description further states "Upgrades Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP to Windows 8 Pro". I would take it back, unopened for a refund at BB. I do believe you want the FULL program; probably costs more, too. Unless you have one of those other versions of windows to install and then use the upgrade disc. Cheers.
Sorry I left out one more important piece of information. I actually bought it at the local Best Buy not the website. The sales clerk said this was the full install but when I search best buys site I only find that version which says its a update. So that's why i'm confused and concerned.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. May 2013 @ 17:43

rulisky
_
30. May 2013 @ 18:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can not always believe the BB clerks. I would believe the written info.

My original thoughts remain. I am sure that BB will not take it back when opened and then you find they are wrong. Too late.
snarple
_
30. May 2013 @ 19:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rulisky:
You can not always believe the BB clerks. I would believe the written info.

My original thoughts remain. I am sure that BB will not take it back when opened and then you find they are wrong. Too late.
yes thats exactly why I didn't open it yet. If anyone has tried to do a clean install with the Windows 8 Pro disc I would like to know your experience with it.
Advertisement
_
__

_
ddp
_
2. June 2013 @ 21:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows 8 discussion > windows 8 disc confusion

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork