User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 14:39
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows 8 discussion > windows 8 help
Show topics

Forums
Forums
windows 8 help
  Jump to:

Posted Message
spike24
_
29. January 2014 @ 10:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i recently purchased a new laptop and it has windows 8.
my question is:When I am on my desktop I click on say iTunes and the programme wont open,it also does this with all my programmes I carn't get them to open why?
also I tried downloading the free version of AVG and it just wont install please can anyone help its most likely simple but I am at a loss thanks
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
29. January 2014 @ 21:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what error message do you get when trying to open those programes or when trying to install avg which i have installed on 3 win8 laptops?
spike24
_
30. January 2014 @ 02:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
what error message do you get when trying to open those programes or when trying to install avg which i have installed on 3 win8 laptops?
Hi when trying to open a programme I get nothing at all it won't open,when I try to install avg it just constantly looks like it's trying to install and that's it.
I have torrent installed on it and when I open that programme it open and works fine thanks
_
30. January 2014 @ 12:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
cruising torrent without an antivirus? adventurous to say the least.did you,in fact uninstall the previous av?
spike24
_
30. January 2014 @ 15:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes I know,I couldn't even get avg installed to begin with,I have norton internet security as came with laptop,would that be stopping me from installing avg?
_
30. January 2014 @ 15:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
quite likely.uninstall anything norton and run ccleaner to help get rid of any bits.i would recommend avast over avg any day by the way.
Advertisement
_
__

_
spike24
_
30. January 2014 @ 15:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok thankyou will try that
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows 8 discussion > windows 8 help

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork