User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 23:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps4 - modding & hacking > has anyone tried a larger hard drive yet!!!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Has anyone tried a larger hard drive yet!!!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
megadunderhead
_
20. January 2014 @ 23:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i was wondering if changing the hard drive was as simple as it was on the ps3 and if it works any better with a 1 tb or better drive??
Advertisement
_
__

16 product reviews
_
3. February 2014 @ 20:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's actually simpler on the PS4. It is also compatible with more HDD's as the system will now accommodate up to a 12.5mm laptop drive (not like the smaller ones needed for the PS3 @9.5mm) for more choice in upgradability. As for which would be best ~ platter, SSD or hybrid, here is some info that showed the stock HDD is not so bad. But I believe there have been some newer findings as of late now that the PS4 is in millions of peoples hands to perform even way more tests.

cazer

1 product review
_
4. February 2014 @ 00:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes I upgraded mine first day to a 1 TB but have since went back to the 500 GB that it came with. The reason why is because when my PS4 would go into sleep mode after awhile the yellow light would go from solid yellow to a blinking yellow. Whine this would happen I could not wake it up. I would have to unplug my PS4 and plug it back in every time.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
4. February 2014 @ 19:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Check hdd isn't a type that cycles off when not in use as that's what green drives & the like do

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
13. February 2014 @ 14:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can even use 3.5" Sata HDD's on your PS4, just as you could with the PS3, of course it will need the same type of minor modding and you will have the HDD lying outside the console, its a good idea if you have a spare 3.5" drive but don't have a 2.5".

Check the PS4 Dev Wiki, it has a lot of information on the PS4 :)

★☆A Complete History On The PS3☆★
http://ps3history.com/
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps4 - modding & hacking > has anyone tried a larger hard drive yet!!!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork