User User name Password  

Monday 29.4.2024 / 01:59
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox one - modding & hacking > xbox one controller fix?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Xbox One Controller fix?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
deejay248
_
16. February 2014 @ 10:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Have a Day One Edition controller that has stopped syncing to the console via wireless and only works when connected with cable. MS gave me a new one and told me to keep the old one but i want to mess about with it to see if i can fix it but haven't come across a proper teardown of the controller yet except rubbish Youtube videos.

Anyone able to offer any suggestions?
Advertisement
_
__
richietea
_
17. February 2014 @ 10:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Might sound stupid but the controller runs on a 2.4 ghz IR connection.If there are different devices and ssid's on your router that are running the same it will break the signal.Looking elsewhere it seems a lot of people are having the same issues.One suggestion and remedy was he had an xbox 360 connected in another room with 2 controllers synced and turned on.Once he turned this off his xbox one controller synced.Might of just been a one off but worth removing/turning off anything that transmits @ 2.4ghz and turning them on individually to see if any of those are the culprit.
deejay248
_
20. February 2014 @ 13:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by richietea:
Might sound stupid but the controller runs on a 2.4 ghz IR connection.If there are different devices and ssid's on your router that are running the same it will break the signal.Looking elsewhere it seems a lot of people are having the same issues.One suggestion and remedy was he had an xbox 360 connected in another room with 2 controllers synced and turned on.Once he turned this off his xbox one controller synced.Might of just been a one off but worth removing/turning off anything that transmits @ 2.4ghz and turning them on individually to see if any of those are the culprit.
Cheers but the other two controllers i have for the Xbox One sync just fine. I opened the controller last night and stripped it down but nothing jumped out at me as to what the problem might be. Weird how it works fine when the cable is attached between the controller and the console but doesn't work wirelessly.
richietea
_
24. February 2014 @ 04:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The only thing it might be then is a weak IR receiver.Wonder if you get replacements that are compatible but not official that fit the controller.
deejay248
_
25. February 2014 @ 12:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The only thing it might be then is a weak IR receiver.Wonder if you get replacements that are compatible but not official that fit the controller.
I was thinking it must be the IR receiver but i wouldn't know where to start. When i stripped the controller i couldn't see anything obvious.
_
26. February 2014 @ 01:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by deejay248:
I was thinking it must be the IR receiver but i wouldn't know where to start. When i stripped the controller i couldn't see anything obvious.
you could upload some pics of it and maybe someone can tell you where to look.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
Advertisement
_
__

_
dakii
_
2. May 2014 @ 14:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by deejay248:
Cheers but the other two controllers i have for the Xbox One sync just fine. I opened the controller last night and stripped it down but nothing jumped out at me as to what the problem might be. Weird how it works fine when the cable is attached between the controller and the console but doesn't work wirelessly.
would seem that the wireless hardware in the controller has stopped working.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox one - modding & hacking > xbox one controller fix?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork