User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 09:53
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > burned movie stops playing near end of movie
Show topics

Forums
Forums
burned movie stops playing near end of movie
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Berkner80
_
18. March 2014 @ 03:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am using Maxell DVD media for backup. Most of my movies are fine. Even the ones that are messing up I have played before and watched several times with no problems but lately they have been freezing and stop playing usually near the end of the movie. Took them out and cleaned them with a mild soap but still the same problem. I set my recording space to 4.3G so I don't record to close to the edge of the disk.
I have always had pretty good luck with Maxell but wondering if I need to buy something better.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. March 2014 @ 21:48

Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
18. March 2014 @ 04:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Verbatim with AZO on packaging if you want reliability & no issues setting file size to burn at 4485mb,however you need to look at cost per gb for dvd's compared to hard drives

Berkner80
_
18. March 2014 @ 21:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are you saying it is probably better just to save them to a HD? I was actually thinking of that as an option also.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
19. March 2014 @ 20:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes

even better you can save space by converting them to mkv or mp4 container, or at the minimum use a program like clonedvd or dvdfab to strip away the crap like upcomming previews,fbi warnings including foreign audio streams etc,this will help reduce overall dvd size,using menushrink can reduce dvd even further,tho sometimes on later structured menu's they can be broken,in which case just rerun menushrink in restore mode to put removed menu animation back

Berkner80
_
20. March 2014 @ 03:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
Yes

even better you can save space by converting them to mkv or mp4 container, or at the minimum use a program like clonedvd or dvdfab to strip away the crap like upcomming previews,fbi warnings including foreign audio streams etc,this will help reduce overall dvd size,using menushrink can reduce dvd even further,tho sometimes on later structured menu's they can be broken,in which case just rerun menushrink in restore mode to put removed menu animation back
Thanks, I like and use DVD Shrink for removing unwanted sections of DVD but I may have to check out menushrink.
Berkner80
_
22. March 2014 @ 19:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think I will go to saving movies to HD. I came across another DVD that I have played many times before but now will not play about half way through. I have also played them on different machines just to make sure. I guess these Maxell DVD's are not very good after all.
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
22. March 2014 @ 23:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
There is a downside to storing dvd's on hdd,they take up a stack of space & if you only use one hdd to store single copies of movies & the hdd fails you'll loose the lot,right now i've decided to convert all of them including tv series to container format i.e MKV,this will reduce overall space required to house many & will free up enough room that i'll have two copies of everything so i can have 1 copy on two hdd's,you may also look at brrip.eu

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > burned movie stops playing near end of movie

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork