User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 16:43
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > cant play/see second layer (ps3- invalid disk)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Cant play/see second layer (PS3- invalid disk)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Flapperjak
_
20. September 2011 @ 11:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi everyone-

Greatly appreciate the resources here. Im having a bear of a time getting a DVD+R DL to play its second layer in either my PS3 or my Mac. Im using Verbatim disks, and have followed the instructions from the "burn avchd disks with Imgburn" guide here at afterdawn.

Ive also hunted around for other guides, and methods, to no avail. Spent about 8 hours yesterday and three disks trying to get it to work, with no luck. My files are about 8.4 gb, set up in BDMV and Certificate folders. When I press the calculate function in Imgburn, everything sets up to UDF 2.5, etc, and going through the steps avails me a burn that takes about 45 minutes at 2.4x, with no errors. The log shows both layers (0 and 1) being written, "All Ok", and the disk ejects. This is the same for two different movie projects I tried to do yesterday, so I know the error is not particular to one projects setup.

When I put the disc in my PS3, the first half plays beautifully. I can seek back and forth until I reach the halfway point, where it should be switching layers. At that point, it locks up/goes black and the PS3 says "invalid disk". Putting the disk back into my MacBook pro, I tried playing it with VLAN media player. In this case too, it only shows the first 55 minutes as the total length of what should be a two hour movie. Scrubbing all the way through the video gets me to this halfway point.

In all my attempts, Ive never been able to get the layer break screen to pop up in Imgburn, to manually select where the break is happening, so I wonder if it even is. Other guides say it will come up twice during the burn setup, but it never has for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > cant play/see second layer (ps3- invalid disk)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork