User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 19:29
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > data disc
Show topics

Forums
Forums
data disc
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
23. April 2012 @ 16:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have batman the animated series, in avi format. I was wondering if I could burn the whole series on to one dvd, as a data disc and watch these videos on my computer? Im I making sense?
Advertisement
_
__
JST1946
_
23. April 2012 @ 19:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can use CDBurnerXP it is a free download and works with all versions of windows.
_
24. April 2012 @ 04:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you should be able to burn each avi file on to a disc as a data file.if all the files will fit on 1 dvd should work.I've done it with avi files and they work.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
_
13. May 2012 @ 04:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can nero do it? I tried this program and it said that no burning device was detected!
JST1946
_
13. May 2012 @ 06:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes nero should work also as long as your computer has a burning device that is recognized by nero.Nero tookit should tell you if the drive you have installed has read and write features or not.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
_
13. May 2012 @ 07:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by JST1946:
Yes nero should work also as long as your computer has a burning device that is recognized by nero.Nero tookit should tell you if the drive you have installed has read and write features or not.
Okay I tried nero, and its saying that the disc is to small, I have over 120gb that I want to burn. Can I fit that on to a single data dvd?
_
13. May 2012 @ 10:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
most blank dvds have 4.7gbs of free space.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
JST1946
_
13. May 2012 @ 10:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It would be better if you bought an external hard drive to put all your movies on so it doesn't use up all of your hard drive space. With 120gb you would need about 28 of them to fit on a standard DVD.Most DVD's actually only have about 4.3gb available.When you use nero it should tell you on the bottom when you are making a DVD if it is over capacity if you add to many files to burn.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
13. May 2012 @ 12:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
120gb on a single dvd..lol..
Concur with JST1946 if space is an issue get an external.

Imo burning avi to dvd is a waste of time & money unless the avi is exceptionally large & not under 1gb simply because the quality is crap

_
17. May 2012 @ 04:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I dont want to burn a dvd, I want to make a data disc, can I burn and compress 120gb as a data disc?
JST1946
_
17. May 2012 @ 07:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A blank CD only has a capacity of 700 MB's I have never heard of any program to compress 120GB's where it can fit on a 700 MB CD.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
17. May 2012 @ 08:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by stmaniac:
I dont want to burn a dvd, I want to make a data disc, can I burn and compress 120gb as a data disc?
yeah but your gonna need to burn the data to a disc, cdr or dvd-/+r dvdrw or blank blu ray.cdr will hold 700mbs dvd-/+r will hold 4.7gbs max.dual layer dvds hold up to 8.5gbs i think.blu ray holds 25gbs i think.

not sure on blank blu ray discs as ive never used them.havnt used dual layer dvds either.

better still get an external hard drive.put them all on an external hard drive.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > data disc

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork