User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 19:38
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > dvd burners
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVD Burners
  Jump to:

Posted Message
murdog
_
14. September 2012 @ 19:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can someone recommend a DVD player that will allow a copyrighted disc to be copied. My HP DVD 1140 PATA (IDE) in an external USB box is making a lot of noise. The DVD player in my laptop doesn't allow the above.
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. September 2012 @ 07:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You need software like DVDFabHD or AnyDVD to rip DVDs with protection.

murdog
_
15. September 2012 @ 11:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Ripper:
You need software like DVDFabHD or AnyDVD to rip DVDs with protection.
I use that software and others and familiar with the ripping process. Its the hardware I am asking about. The DVD player/burner that came with my Dell laptop doesn't allow copyrighted discs to be ripped. I am asking for older DVD burners (IDE) that are known to work.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. September 2012 @ 20:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes, okay, I was checking you understood. I don't think hardware protection is very common at all. This list may be of interest to you, although it's not entirely relevant

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread....uracy-List-2012

For recommendations, look here at the drives the guys were/are using. I honestly haven't played a DVD in my PC in years, let alone ripped one, so my personal recommendations are long forgotten.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/415515

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > dvd burners

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork