User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 17:22
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > i need something like dvdfab
Show topics

Forums
Forums
I need something like dvdfab
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bighomey
_
28. January 2014 @ 18:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK, I'm just gonna ask, since I've tried downloading a bazzilion programs and it's never the right thing. What do I need in place of dvdfab to decript new movies since dvdfab is no longer free apparently. All I need is the protection gone, then I can fire up dvd Shrink and go from there.

Thanx!!

Tim
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
28. January 2014 @ 20:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
someone else can answer whether the latest version of fab v9 is free to rip forever,however the latest version of v8 is free to rip forever.

v8 for windows is below the tiles of v9
http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

edit:scrolling down the page further has free stuff dvdfab hd decrypters there too

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. January 2014 @ 20:20

bighomey
_
29. January 2014 @ 13:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
got it, thanx!!
_
1. February 2014 @ 17:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bighomey:
OK, I'm just gonna ask, since I've tried downloading a bazzilion programs and it's never the right thing. What do I need in place of dvdfab to decript new movies since dvdfab is no longer free "apparently". All I need is the protection gone, then I can fire up dvd Shrink and go from there.

Thanx!!

Tim
You can use DVD Fab 9.x.x.x Forever too... with Shrink, etc. (The old fashion way)

1.- Insert the Disc.
2.- Save to: C:\.....iso at somewhere in the HD [2nd. Choice] , in stead to the fake location to: E:\ or D:\ [Default]. Even better if you choose the 3rd. Option. Save to: C:\ .....dvdfab\ (folder).
3.- NEVER closed DVD Fab App. after ripping.
4.- NEVER closed you burn engine either (If auto-open & analyze the ripped file on the HD).
NEVER = Until you have your back-up. lol

5.- Open you file "ALIVE-on-the-background" with: etc > Shrink > Re-Author > etc
6.- Before Your "2nd." Burn Engine start burning (Ignore Volume-Error ) caused by using the same file name again for a 2nd. time.
Volume = file name.

NOTE: I always select Full Disc to save time finding the right title; then choose Movie Only on shrink [Re-Author] , etc.

Happy Ripping/Burning 2014 !

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. February 2014 @ 17:35

scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
1. February 2014 @ 18:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah fabs burn engine is pretty good tho obviously setting it's burn speed manually is advisable even more so for cheap media

bluesbabe
_
7. February 2014 @ 19:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Mrguss:

You can use DVD Fab 9 Forever too... with Shrink, etc. (The old fashion way)

1.- Insert the Disc.
2.- SAVE TO: ISO at somewhere in the HD [2nd. Choice] , in stead to a temporal location TO: E:\ [Default]
3.- NEVER closed DVD Fab 9.x.x.x App. after ripping.
4.- NEVER closed you burn engine either (If auto-open & analyze the ripped file on the HD).
NEVER = Until you have your back-up. lol

5.- Open you file "ALIVE-on-the-background" with: etc > Shrink > Re-Author > etc
6.- Before Your 2nd. Burn Engine start burning (Ignore Volume-Error ) caused by using the same file name again for a 2nd. time.
Volume = file name.

NOTE: I always select Full Disc to save time finding the right title; then choose Movie Only on shrink [Re-Author] , etc.

Happy Ripping/Burning 2014 !
@ Mrguss
I'm trying to follow your instructions, but I'm afraid I need more detail. I tried to back up a recent Disney movie purchase, and my trial version of DVDFab 9 has expired. I thought I was doing what you said, but it failed, and said I had expired. May I ask you to list more fully the steps? Only "file transfer" and "HD Decrypter" say they haven't expired, and decrypter was what I used, when it wouldn't let me. Decrypter seems to be the only place with an 'ISO' option. I'm obviously doing something wrong. I should probably mention that I have no actual clue what I'm doing- I've only ever followed somebody's directions, and low and behold it works. You are not dealing with a 'techie' here.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. February 2014 @ 00:34

_
8. February 2014 @ 23:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ bluesbabe

On step 2:
Choose the 3rd. Option:
Save to: ......dvdfab\ (folder)
If you are using the latest dvdfab9 expired version.

For newbies:
The Ultimate DVD backup resource thread:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/673257

Good luck.

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. February 2014 @ 16:10

Advertisement
_
__

_
JST1946
_
18. March 2014 @ 05:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here is DVDFabs new website.

http://www.dvdfab.cn/

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > i need something like dvdfab

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork