User User name Password  

Sunday 28.4.2024 / 22:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > major problem burning a dvd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
MAJOR PROBLEM BURNING A DVD
  Jump to:

Posted Message
marwen1
_
23. March 2014 @ 10:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have been having really bad luck burning a dvd lately. I am using ROXIO TOAST TITANIUM. 11.2 with APPLE OSX.9.2

I am converting MP4's to MP2 with ADOBE PREMIERE PRO CC. My burn goes about 45% and I get [b][b]0X0C. medium writing error.

I take the partially burned DVD and play it on my HOME SONY PLAYER> it works flawlessly other than it won't finish the burn.

I have tested ROXIO by burning MP3's - 100% OK

At this point I have to think it must be my MEDIA. Thoughts please.

DEFINITION OF COMPLIMENT: Sometime a matter of fact - more than not, a matter of tact
Advertisement
_
__
xxschizo
_
23. March 2014 @ 13:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by marwen1:
I have been having really bad luck burning a dvd lately. I am using ROXIO TOAST TITANIUM. 11.2 with APPLE OSX.9.2

I am converting MP4's to MP2 with ADOBE PREMIERE PRO CC. My burn goes about 45% and I get [b][b]0X0C. medium writing error.

I take the partially burned DVD and play it on my HOME SONY PLAYER> it works flawlessly other than it won't finish the burn.

I have tested ROXIO by burning MP3's - 100% OK

At this point I have to think it must be my MEDIA. Thoughts please.
hi. I am not a Mac head and you might already be doing this, but I burn cds/dvds at the slowest possible speed when having some kind of trouble . . . you've probably already tried this . . . just an fyi . . .

have you tried different dvd burning software? I use nero or, when running linux, the generic command line option ... cdrecord, etc.

perhaps this will help..... good luck
marwen1
_
23. March 2014 @ 14:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have tried both PC & Mac

IMGburn, DVDSHRINK, dvdfab9, DVDSMITH, DVDFAB (on mac)

There are two schools of thought on burning slowly or fast. The general consenus is that now that writers (apps) are not even allowing SLOW It really doesn't matter if it's slow or fast. Again, two schools of thought on that.
I don't run LINUX at all.

I'm leaning towards getting VERBATIM AZO.

DEFINITION OF COMPLIMENT: Sometime a matter of fact - more than not, a matter of tact
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
23. March 2014 @ 19:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
marwen1 is correct it'll be your dvd's switch to verbatim with AZO on packaging,look for a thread regarding posting results from quality scans of dvd media,you'll most probably find how to get an idea of what quality your batch number of dvd's is,to be safe you could use RW media instead assuming your dvd writer supports them it'll save making coasters

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. March 2014 @ 19:14

marwen1
_
23. March 2014 @ 21:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
marwen1 is correct it'll be your dvd's switch to verbatim with AZO on packaging,look for a thread regarding posting results from quality scans of dvd media,you'll most probably find how to get an idea of what quality your batch number of dvd's is,to be safe you could use RW media instead assuming your dvd writer supports them it'll save making coasters
GOOD POINT - I don't have a clue if this MAC will do RW. I've NEVER used them. In my of own way of thinking - I think they are potentially volatile. as in- oops!

I've been using Taiyo Yuden 8x with a printable surface but I ran out of them about a month ago - then all of a sudden - my whole family caught this "SUPER-BUG" and we're just now getting over it.

The T-Y disks have been producing about a 98% success rate

I just sent my source a questionaire as to if they even carry the verbatim azo. As I looked through his inventory - it didn't look like it.

scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
24. March 2014 @ 19:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Don't settle for anything other than AZO verbatim,if you are offered verbatim but not AZO don't buy them they will not be of the same quality,the other option is forget about dvd's & use hard drives to store converted movies

marwen1
_
24. March 2014 @ 21:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Don't settle for anything other than AZO verbatim,if you are offered verbatim but not AZO don't buy them they will not be of the same quality,the other option is forget about dvd's & use hard drives to store converted movies
That'd be a nice trick if I COULD GET IT TO PLAYBACK ON MY BIG SCREEN

_
25. March 2014 @ 06:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a dvd player with usb drive that plays divx movies on usb stick,also ps3 that has usb inputs and wireless streaming,also a smart tv that can stream.
$19.95 dvd player would probably have a usb drive for playback.check your stores.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
marwen1
_
25. March 2014 @ 16:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
i have a dvd player with usb drive that plays divx movies on usb stick,also ps3 that has usb inputs and wireless streaming,also a smart tv that can stream.
$19.95 dvd player would probably have a usb drive for playback.check your stores.
IT DOES HAVE A USB plugin but it's in reality a combination 5.1 Surround Sound system. Consequently, the USB is for MP3's only - no CODECs to do any video translations

I guess I'm just living too far in the past with my hardware. lol

scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
26. March 2014 @ 23:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Well i didn't like to say it; you've saved me the trouble :p *runs*

marwen1
_
27. March 2014 @ 09:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Well i didn't like to say it; you've saved me the trouble :p *runs*
I made some really small videos and saved them as MP4's as well as MP2's. The MP2's were HUGE in comparison and they will not play anything in my USB plugin area. The MP4 - on the other hand is incredibly small and compresses without any noticeable degrading. The MP4 was only 189MB but would email ok. Still, the MP4 audio would only play on my USB plugin. The 5.1 surround Sound system handles the DVD's - cd's- radio - fm only --- the USB plug. NO HDMI cable capability though.

In the SONY manual, on one page, it tells me that the USB will play the MP4 yet on a different page, it contradicts that very fact. I must have spent 45 minutes on the phone with SONY.

ULTIMATELY, even SONY gives the longevity of DVD's about another 5 years or so. If you put a scratch on it - it almost useless. The ULTRAVIOLET light is gradually rendering them all useless. So, since these things are going by the way of the DINOSAUR --- apparently, thehFLASH CARD is the way of the future.

Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
27. March 2014 @ 15:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
MP4 is the later encoder than MP2 hence more compression while keeping quality,i think it was to do with streaming is the reason they decided to create another format as like you say mp2 requires more space & more time to stream

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > major problem burning a dvd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork