User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 21:28
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > verbatim dvd-r dl discs or software issues.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Verbatim DVD-R DL discs or software issues.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AKAJEF
_
27. June 2011 @ 22:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi

I could not find a previous topic about this issue I'm having, so I want to post it up and look for some help or good advice. For the past two or three years I've copied DVD movies to Verbatim DVD-R Dual Layer (DL) discs. I create VIDEO_TS folders with the DVD material and I'm using the software CopyToDVD by VSO software. It is for me the best software I've tried so far, but I still have this unsolved issue.

What always happen with those DL discs is a sudden stop when I'm watching movies on my external DVD player. I don't know what's causing the sudden stop which is annoying sometimes. I have to skip the DVD movie when the sudden stop comes up on the TV screen, and just about two or three seconds forward on the disc and then everything is alright again.

Technical specifications on the CD/DVD drive:

MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S ATA. The drive is still in good shape after almost 6 years of usage.

I burn dual layer discs on 2x speed because the drive is only compatible with that.

I will appreciate any good advice.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. June 2011 @ 22:32

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. June 2011 @ 05:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AFAIK, using DVD-R DL means you can't select the layer break which might cause freezing.

You should use DVD+R DL and burn with Imgburn.
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4643
AKAJEF
_
28. June 2011 @ 10:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
AFAIK, using DVD-R DL means you cant select the layer break which might cause freezing.

I dont think my DVD burner is compatible with DVD+R disc, especially not those with Dual layer because they have 8x speed.
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. June 2011 @ 11:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you run ImgBurn and select Tools > Drive > Capabilities it will list what disk types can be burned.

If you insert a blank disk and click the 'Device' tab it will list the burning speeds that the burner can use on that particular disk.

You can also click Tools > Drive > Check for firmware updates to see if any new capabilities are available.
AKAJEF
_
28. June 2011 @ 22:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you run ImgBurn and select Tools > Drive > Capabilities it will list what disk types can be burned.

If you insert a blank disk and click the 'Device' tab it will list the burning speeds that the burner can use on that particular disk.

You can also click Tools > Drive > Check for firmware updates to see if any new capabilities are available.
Ok, thanks for the information.
AKAJEF
_
30. June 2011 @ 10:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by tttyyy212:
The garment's right sleeve is longer than the left as women used it to cover their faces.
What do you exactly mean, do you think this topic is funny?
ddp
_
30. June 2011 @ 16:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
spammer spammed
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
18. August 2011 @ 18:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by AKAJEF:
AFAIK, using DVD-R DL means you cant select the layer break which might cause freezing.

I dont think my DVD burner is compatible with DVD+R disc, especially not those with Dual layer because they have 8x speed.
The newer 8 x +R DL disc are inverse stack, whereas the old 2.4 x were the 2 P production. Inverse stack discs require a newer burner with firmware capable of burning them. JoeRyan is the expert on this subject.

"The flimsier the product,the higher the price"
Ferengi 82nd rule of aqusition

Advertisement
_
__

_
AKAJEF
_
19. August 2011 @ 14:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by iluvendo:
Originally posted by AKAJEF:

The newer 8 x +R DL disc are inverse stack, whereas the old 2.4 x were the 2 P production. Inverse stack discs require a newer burner with firmware capable of burning them. JoeRyan is the expert on this subject.
Again, thanks for the information. There's nothing I can do besides buying a new DVD burner to get rid of the disc break, I guess. :Z
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > verbatim dvd-r dl discs or software issues.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork