Show topics

Forums
Forums
6 channel wav to mp3
  Jump to:

Posted Message
kookie56
_
28. August 2013 @ 00:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I would like to know how to convert a 6 channel wav into a 6 channel mp3.
The only programs I have found convert the 6 channel wav into a 2 channel mp3.
I would like to keep the 6 channels.(5.1)
Can anyone help me?
I would appreciate any help.
Thank you
Advertisement
_
__
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. August 2013 @ 18:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
First, you will need to invent a 6 channel Mp3.
kookie56
_
28. August 2013 @ 23:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How do you do that? And with what program?
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. August 2013 @ 05:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Supposedly there is a fraunhofer mp3 surround encoder out there that did this - but I've never seen it.
Also, there was a version of VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod (aud-ex?) that possibly could use the codec.
kookie56
_
29. August 2013 @ 21:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'll try
Thanks
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. August 2013 @ 07:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The deal is what is going to play the audio that you need to convert it to an mp3? Will that device play a 5 track mp3? I bet most mp3 players will only play 2 of the tracks.
kookie56
_
31. August 2013 @ 13:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The mp3 sound was for an avi. In order to use virtualdub to adjust sound, or add audio, it must be a wav or an mp3. I wanted to keep the 6 channels.
I found an odd way around my problem.
I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE THAT OFFERED ME HELP!!!
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
1. September 2013 @ 12:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What was that? Why don't you share what you discovered?
AfterDawn Addict
_
1. September 2013 @ 13:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
FWIW, I downloaded the Fraunhofer codec and converted a six channel wav file with it.
Problem is that my media players, Audacity (and MediaInfo) see it as stereo and since my audio equipment consists of a tuner/amp liberated from a circa 1976 Sears Silvertone behemoth, I have no way of verifying it.
kookie56
_
1. September 2013 @ 14:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I downloaded an AVI that had both 2 channel and 6 channel, but my dvd player wouldn't recognize the second audio (the 6 channel).
So I downloaded Pazera Audio extractor. I extracted the audio channel that I wanted.
I then used Winavi to turn the MP4 into an Xvid.
I used Virtualdub to remove the audio from the Xvid.
Then I used AVIMux_GUI and put the 6 channel audio together with the Xvid.
Then I had what I wanted.

Later....if I wanted to shrink the Xvid and still have the exact quality.....I could use AutoGK.

Now my AVI is exactly what I wanted. A great picture with 6 channel sound.

If this helps anyone with the same problem I had, I am glad.

Again....Thank everyone that helped me.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
1. September 2013 @ 18:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for sharing!
afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > audio > 6 channel wav to mp3

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork