User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 04:45
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > audio > recording audio through 3,5 mm jack
Show topics

Forums
Forums
recording audio through 3,5 mm jack
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ahmija
_
14. January 2014 @ 09:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi

My digital piano has 3,5 mm plug for speakers and my laptop has 3,5 plug for headset.
Is there any way, i could join the DP's audio output to the headset's plug and record the incoming audio?

Would this work:
DP -> 3.5 mm male to male cable -> 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter(the male to male cable plugged to microphone part) -> laptop

Also what would be best program for capturing the audio?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. January 2014 @ 09:46

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. January 2014 @ 11:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't see why not.
I've recorded from a DVD player and cassette audio output jacks into the Microphone jack on the front of the PC.
I've used the Sound Recorder in Windows 7.
Prefer to use Audacity (select 'Front Mic' as the input device).
If you want to hear the input while it's being recorded, click Edit > Preferences > Recording and check the box for 'Software playthrough'.
ahmija
_
15. January 2014 @ 10:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK. thanks.
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. January 2014 @ 13:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That is what I would do.

However, if you are serious about your music you may wish to purchase a digital recorder. Just like the computer, you plug the output into the mic input. These recorders are far more flexible and so very useful. My daughter is a singer, she records every class she takes for future reference. She may record practice sessions then review the session. She finds the recorder which fits into her pocket, indespensable. Hers has a set of high quality microphones. The quality of the mics set the cost of the recorder. It uses a standard SD chip so she can keep many hrs on the chip before she off loads them to something else or deletes them. There are no moving parts so it ought to last for many years.
Advertisement
_
__

_
ahmija
_
6. February 2014 @ 14:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Mez:
That is what I would do.

However, if you are serious about your music you may wish to purchase a digital recorder. Just like the computer, you plug the output into the mic input. These recorders are far more flexible and so very useful. My daughter is a singer, she records every class she takes for future reference. She may record practice sessions then review the session. She finds the recorder which fits into her pocket, indespensable. Hers has a set of high quality microphones. The quality of the mics set the cost of the recorder. It uses a standard SD chip so she can keep many hrs on the chip before she off loads them to something else or deletes them. There are no moving parts so it ought to last for many years.
Thanks. I will check that one too.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > audio > recording audio through 3,5 mm jack

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork