User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 23:21
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r > burning to mupltiple drives at once
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Burning To Mupltiple Drives at once
  Jump to:

Posted Message
lrdnibbla
_
22. January 2011 @ 02:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, I have been using Alcohol 120% for a while now to burn several copies of audio cd's. I use two cd drives hooked up externally to my laptop with a sata to usb converter, using alcohol to burn an image file. This works fine for what I need to do at the moment, but I've been needing to burn more at once lately. So, Ive moved the operation into a desktop computer, and bought a case that supports up to 9 5.25 bays. I also bought a pci sata controller to accomidate the extra sata ports.

As I wait for my drives to come in the mail, I guess my question is:
what if any problems stand in my way of this working?

The devices I'm using are as follows:
(6) Lite-On IHAS424-98 B
(1) Syba SD-SATA-4P Serial ATA150 4x Ports RAID Controller Card with SIL3114 Chipset
(1) A8M2N-LA (Naos)motherboard

I'm running Alcohol to burn the image file off a ide drive as to not interfere with the sata connection and leave more room for expansion in the future.
_
27. January 2011 @ 23:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I know Nero has always had the ability to burn to multiple drives at the same time.'You may want to look into that.

lrdnibbla
_
28. January 2011 @ 16:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks for your reply, but nero limits the number of drives you can burn to with different tiers of their software as where alcohol does not.

I am happily burning to 6 drives at once with alcohol :)
No hitches whatsoever.
I can even burn 6 lightscribe labels at once with surething 5 ;)

so if anyone is looking gto save on cd/dvd duplication (towers cost upwards of $1000)
this is the way to go.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. January 2011 @ 16:17

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r > burning to mupltiple drives at once

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork