User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 15:08
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > cannot find part of a dvd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
cannot find part of a dvd
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jwhitt12
_
2. May 2014 @ 14:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a dvd that has two choices to play when it starts. This is a tai chi exercise disk. What I would like to do is to get rid of all the blather and concentrate on the exercises themselves. I can get to the first section but not the second. I have examined all the vob files but can only find the last part of what I want (last 5 minutes - the whole section is something like 25 minutes). The vob files are 01, 02, 03, 04. 04 holds the last part of what I want. 03 holds the end of what I can find (about 6 minutes) and then about 20 minutes of black screen (I suspect its in that black screen but am, basically, clueless).

I am, obviously, waay past what I think I know and thought I would post this question (howto) in the hope somebody can tell me what I am missing. I have nero 12 where I moved each vob file in and examined it but cannot find what I am looking for even though I can actually play the disk and everything is there.

Thank you..........
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. May 2014 @ 15:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hard to say what the problem is offhand.
Do you know if the disk is encrypted?
Is it a commercial disk?

Maybe start by downloading DVD Shrink and running it.
On the top menu, click 'Open Disc'.
Insert the DVD and see if it can load the files.
If it loads the files, on the top menu, click 'Re-author'.

On the right side of the screen does it list one Title, I.E. 'Title 1'
If so, drag the title from right to left pane.
Highlight and right click on title 1 (now in the left pane) and select 'Set Start/End Frames..'.
Scroll through the movie see if all the scenes are there.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?d=DVDShrink32_w_ImgBurn.rar
jwhitt12
_
3. May 2014 @ 15:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Again, thanks for the reply.

I did as you suggested and everything was there and I have got what I want. You saved me!! (thanks again)
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > cannot find part of a dvd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork