User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 20:06
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > dvd profiler or similar
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVD Profiler or Similar
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Slick057
_
22. May 2014 @ 03:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello, my goal is to set up my Home Theater PC to play a movie that I've clicked via browsing the cover arts (similar to Netflix & RED-BOX DVD rental units). Is it possible to get DVD Profiler to do this or is there other software out there that is better browsing your collection and picking what you want to watch via the cover arts.

If there is anything that I am missing here, please feel free to offer some of your comments and suggestions.

Thanks.
Please email me with comments or suggestions
[edited]

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. May 2014 @ 10:27

Advertisement
_
__
_
22. May 2014 @ 10:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Slick057,

Please don't post email addresses in the public forums, as per the rules.

Cheers!
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
22. May 2014 @ 13:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
xbmc.org will do what your after it comes with a number of versions for different devices & as a standalone OS.The windows install version including linux allows full screen or windowed.Using add-ons & scripts will provide even more functionality including viewing youtube etc

can be placed on thumb drive for portability or even on an external hdd
screenshots for a quick idea of what you'll be installing
http://xbmc.org/about/

there are other software's that are free that do the same thing i can't think of them right now

edit; alternatives to xbmc
http://alternativeto.net/software/xbmc-media-center/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. May 2014 @ 17:41

Slick057
_
22. May 2014 @ 23:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Lethal_B:
Hi Slick057,

Cheers!
Sorry, it slip my mind, thanks
Slick057
_
22. May 2014 @ 23:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Lethal_B:
Hi Slick057,

Cheers!
Sorry, it slip my mind, thanks
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
xbmc.org will do what your after it comes with a number of versions for different devices & as a standalone OS.The windows install version including linux allows full screen or windowed.Using add-ons & scripts will provide even more functionality including viewing youtube etc

can be placed on thumb drive for portability or even on an external hdd
screenshots for a quick idea of what you'll be installing
http://xbmc.org/about/

there are other software's that are free that do the same thing i can't think of them right now

edit; alternatives to xbmc
http://alternativeto.net/software/xbmc-media-center/

Thanks ScorpNZ, if you remember the freebies let me know, again thanks
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
24. May 2014 @ 13:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the others are at the bottom where it says edit: in my post you quoted,click the link

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > dvd profiler or similar

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork