User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 23:11
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > jerky video playback
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Jerky video playback
  Jump to:

Posted Message
OldClive
_
21. March 2013 @ 15:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
First post & I know someone will have a solution!

Some video files that I play on the PC jerk in a rhythmic manner (no, not those types of video!). Not all files, and not any particular format. These same files will do the same thing if I encode them to DVD & put them in the DVD player.

I've tried updating drivers, but no difference. There isn't a pattern - it's completely random apparently - & can happen to .avi, .mkv, .mp4 & other formats.

HELP!!

Cheers
OldClive
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. March 2013 @ 17:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's random in the sense that one particular video plays OK then later the same video is bad?
You have a particular video (which has been playing OK) convert it to DVD movie format and it plays bad on the standalone DVD player?
If it plays bad on the standalone, I assume that it's always playing bad (not at random)?
If that's the case, upload a ten second clip from the DVD to the likes of MediaFire and someone can look at it.

I've seen video where the field order was reversed - that shows up during a horizontal panning shot - but it's never random and unless they all came from the same source it's not very likely to be that.
If you get a sample uploaded, consider also posting at the VideoHelp site - lot's of hot-shots there to offer an opinion.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > jerky video playback

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork