User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 06:03
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > removing audio from avi
Show topics

Forums
Forums
removing audio from avi
  Jump to:

Posted Message
kookie56
_
24. September 2013 @ 15:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I downloaded an avi that was listed as being in English. Which it is, except it has someone speaking Russian over the top of the English.
Is there a way to remove the Russian overlay? and keep only the English?
I would appreciate any help.
I have been looking for this movie for a long time and would really like to be able to keep it.
Thank you
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. September 2013 @ 17:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Unless the English is in one channel and the Russian in the other channel (so you can switch between them selecting from left to right) nothing to be done.
supercopy
_
6. January 2014 @ 23:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
kookie56:

You can use a program called "AVI-mux". Drag the AVI file into it, and it will list all the video and audio tracks.

Like attar said however, if the Russian translator dubbed his speech onto the audio, then it's pretty much impossible to re-separate them. It's IMO a very amateurish way of translating movies (I've seen/heard them); if the translator does not know how to make subtitles, then very likely he/she did not know how to interleave multiple audio tracks into an AVI file.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > removing audio from avi

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork