User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 21:24
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > seamlessly join two video_ts files
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Seamlessly Join Two VIDEO_TS Files
  Jump to:

Posted Message
gassitto
_
18. August 2013 @ 23:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,

I have a Panasonic PVR on which I've recorded a fairly long movie from a TV channel.

The only way I can get the movie off the Panny is to transfer one half of the movie to a dvd-rw and the other half to another dvd-rw.

Once I've done this, I'll transfer the the dvds to my computer hard drive as VIDEO_TS files.

Is there any free program that will let me combine the two files so that I can play back the movie (via a hard drive connected to a TV) without any apparent visible join?

I have VLC, DVD Shrink and DVDFlick already on my computer.

Thank you.
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. August 2013 @ 05:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If your talking two separate movie titles, then opting for 'Re-author' in DVD Shrink is the simplest.
Open the first movie folder and drag Title 1 from the right to left pane then repeat for the second and Backup.
There's a slight pause during playback on a standalone as the head moves to the second Title.
The alternative is using VobMerge to join all the vob files then opening that file in DVD Flick or AvsToDVD to author a new movie.
They should both do it without re-encoding (if the correct options are set).
gassitto
_
19. August 2013 @ 17:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
If your talking two separate movie titles, then opting for 'Re-author' in DVD Shrink is the simplest.
Open the first movie folder and drag Title 1 from the right to left pane then repeat for the second and Backup.
There's a slight pause during playback on a standalone as the head moves to the second Title.
The alternative is using VobMerge to join all the vob files then opening that file in DVD Flick or AvsToDVD to author a new movie.
They should both do it without re-encoding (if the correct options are set).
Thank you attar. I'll try your suggestions.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > seamlessly join two video_ts files

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork