User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 18:47
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > video to and from a computer
Show topics

Forums
Forums
video to and from a computer
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rtrg
_
24. November 2013 @ 20:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I currently have a pc to tv converter box so I can watch my computer signal on the TV using the vcr/dvd combo unit. This allows me to record on either tape or disc. How do I do the reverse? Meaning send a TV signal either from the set top box or combo unit INT the computer so I can then PRINT the tv picture either as it is moving or as a still frame from the combo unit? Does it go to one of the folders such as PICTURE of DOCUMENTS? A program such as a scanner, or app such as a word processing program? All of these have a print command. Whatever I see on the screen I can print. It is just a matter of moving the incoming signal to the screen so I can print it. I also have a screen capture program so nothing needs to be saved first. Do I need another box that works in reverse? Connected to a usb port, vga port? Does vga port work in both directions? Details please.
Advertisement
_
__
_
25. November 2013 @ 07:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you basically need a video input on your pc.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
rtrg
_
25. November 2013 @ 09:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is there a video input on a 10 year old computer? What does it look like? VGA, RCA jack? Can I add a pci card? I use an APG card for output. Would the card be similar but work in reverse? Where does the video go for the purpose of printing a still frame?
supercopy
_
6. January 2014 @ 23:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
rtrg:

Video INPUT devices (as in "into the computer") have existed since the mid 1990's, at least those reasonably priced for consumers. They are however different devices from PC-to-TV converters.

Common video input devices fall into these categories:
USB-based external video capture boxes; you connect composite, S-Video, component or HDMI cables to these boxes, then the boxes relay the digital video via USB cable to your computer
Stand-alone video capture or TV tuner cards (PCI or PCIe)
Video cards with both input and output capabilities. Some old examples that may work with your 10-year old machine include ATI's "All in wonder" series, NVidia "Personal cinema" and "VIVO" series.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
27. February 2014 @ 16:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no thanks new member joysun spam is spam no matter how you try to word it & yours attempt is left wanting

Advertisement
_
__

_
ddp
_
27. February 2014 @ 18:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
spammer spammed!!!
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > video to and from a computer

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork