afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > videos stop
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Videos stop
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
10. December 2013 @ 18:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Videos i receive as email attachments stop playing after a little while. I save them to a jump drive and they play right through without stopping. Any ideas please?
supercopy
_
6. January 2014 @ 23:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sounds like you are trying to play videos from inside your web browser, e-mail client, or whatever software you are using to read the e-mail message. Typically smart e-mail clients will stop downloading messages of great lengths (say around 4 MB) to reduce workload on the e-mail server. That is why for example a 20-page long message with ONLY text, or a short message followed by a photograph, are likely to download completely. A message with a video file will look like a humongous 50 MB message, and download may stop at say 10 MB, hence the stoppage on video playback.

When you download the attached video file, your e-mail client is explicitly telling the server "You have to give me every last byte of this message!", which is why your video file was saved correctly, and afterwards plays in its entirety from local storage.
_
6. January 2014 @ 23:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by supercopy:
Sounds like you are trying to play videos from inside your web browser, e-mail client, or whatever software you are using to read the e-mail message. Typically smart e-mail clients will stop downloading messages of great lengths (say around 4 MB) to reduce workload on the e-mail server. That is why for example a 20-page long message with ONLY text, or a short message followed by a photograph, are likely to download completely. A message with a video file will look like a humongous 50 MB message, and download may stop at say 10 MB, hence the stoppage on video playback.

When you download the attached video file, your e-mail client is explicitly telling the server "You have to give me every last byte of this message!", which is why your video file was saved correctly, and afterwards plays in its entirety from local storage.
Thank You
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > videos stop

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork