User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 14:54
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > avi2dvd stalls
Show topics

Forums
Forums
AVI2DVD stalls
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Luinta
_
15. January 2011 @ 01:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This was my first time converting MKV to DVD, and I followed all the steps in the guides here up to actually hitting the GO button on Avi2DVD. IT starts up, and runs for a random ammount of time before stalling. The Task Manager still lists the program as "running", but there is no further progress gained.

I'll be as specific as I can. I have set to Run As Administrator, and I go through hte step tabs in Avi2DVD. I hit go. It loads up a command window adn runs through what I suspect was audio. ok, good. It loads up HCenc window with the frames and time remaining nad a preview if I want one. ok... After a random ammount of time, it stops... it's not a real freeze, but a stall. The little progress bar is still glowing, but hte tine remaining has halted. Task Manager says it's still running, btu once it stalls, my System Idle Process kicks in as if I'm not running ANYTHING >.< Grrrrr The first time this happened at 62% complete, and second time it happened at 84% with only 16 mins left! I'm getting absolutely frustrated, and I can't figure out what to do. I tried looking at hte process priority, but it's set to Low and won't let my change it...
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. January 2011 @ 10:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does it give the option of using the Quenc encoder - if so, try it.
Luinta
_
15. January 2011 @ 20:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That one gets me even less of a process.

I tried again with the HCenc and it got all the way through both passes this time and all the way to the end but then an error message popped up after everything was done... I can't recall what it was cus I was too upset at havign spent over 5hours on that run >.<

I'm starting to wonder if I'm jsut doing something wrong. I followed the guides though...
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. January 2011 @ 20:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just as a check - there's no possibility that the temporary files that are created during the process are being stored on an external HDD that is formatted as Fat32 (a fat32 drive only accepts any single file that's less than 4GB).

That aside, try either FAVC or DVD Flick.
FAVC uses the same encoders as AVI2DVD;DVD Flick uses a different encoder.
Luinta
_
15. January 2011 @ 21:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nope. I'm lettign it use the default temp folder it makes in my Video folder, which has more than 150GB remaining on my hard drive.
Luinta
_
18. January 2011 @ 03:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you all for the assistance, btu I eventually found other freeware programs like Format Factory and DVD Styler, that were able to do what I needed.
_
18. January 2011 @ 07:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it's best informations.

no
Advertisement
_
__

_
ps355528
_
19. January 2011 @ 08:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dvd styler .. classic dvd creation program.. last I heard it was freeware.. is it still? ..

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > avi2dvd stalls

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork