User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 10:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > converting .vob to .avi - sound issues
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Converting .VOB to .AVI - Sound Issues
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Aloci
_
4. February 2011 @ 00:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
(Hopefully this is in the correct forum room)

I'm trying to convert some .VOB files into .AVI files to make them editable in Adobe Premiere. I'm using Virtual-Dub-Mpeg2 along with the AC3ACM Decompressor.

The first time I converted a file using some of the information found in this thread everything went smoothly and the resulting .AVI file looks great.

However I went to convert the next .VOB file the next day and the Audio just won't synchronize to the video. I converted it a few times using the Xvid MPEG-4 codec and the Panasonic DV codec respectively.

I'm getting a little frustrated. Should I just convert the video to .AVI and the audio to .MP3 separately and then mash them together in a different program? Or is there just something I'm missing. Any help is greatly appreciated.
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. February 2011 @ 11:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When you save the new avi file to the HDD and play it back using a media player, is the out of sync constant or is it progressively worse.
Aloci
_
5. February 2011 @ 15:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
When you save the new avi file to the HDD and play it back using a media player, is the out of sync constant or is it progressively worse.
The out of sync sound stays constant.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. February 2011 @ 17:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Load the out of sync file back into VirtualDub.
Set Video > Direct stream copy.
Click Audio > Interleaving and in 'Skew Correction' insert a value like 200 and play the video.
If it's worse, change the value to -200 (that's negative 200) and test it.
If you can get it in sync, save it as a new file.

With a constant value of async, you can play the video in VLC and adjust using the j or k keys to get it in sync then transfer the value to VirtualDub.
Also, in MPC, you can use the + or - keys on the number pad to adjust the delay in a similar manner.
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > converting .vob to .avi - sound issues

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork