User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 00:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > edit voice level in vob file
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Edit voice level in VOB file
  Jump to:

Posted Message
JoeT
_
18. March 2010 @ 17:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This video is about 5 minutes long. Its my son's wedding vows. The ministers voice is ok but my sons and wife is very low. Is there a way to edit and increase the audio level of just my son and his wife, like if it was just a mp3 or wav file? Using free software if possible. The file right now is a VOB file.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. March 2010 @ 19:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
There are no simple, one-click fixes, for this type of problem.
If someone else made a recording of the same ceremony it may be easier to use their sound track (or the section that applies to your running time).

You can try with Audacity and it's various filters.
Download the latest beta version.

Run Audacity and click Edit > Preferences > Libraries.
Download the MP3 and FFMPEG libraries.

Demux the audio and video from the DVD file by selecting the .IFO file using PgcDemux.
Typically, PgcDemux will produce an .ac3 audio file and an .m2v video file.

Load the audio file into Audacity and see if you can get the desired results using the various filters.
If the results are satisfactory, save the output as an ac3 file.

This ac3 file can be muxed together with the .m2v video using MuxMan.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Audacity
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/PgcEdit
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Muxman

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. March 2010 @ 19:29

JoeT
_
21. March 2010 @ 11:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks Attar

Did what you said and it worked. The audio level for the bride was to low, the noise and hum came up to much. Will play with the filters. No other recording of the wedding was done.

Do you know of a way to put on a slide show, animated gifs into a dvd format so I could put it on a DVD? I would have two buttons on the screen, one for the wedding and one for the slideshow.

Once again thanks for you help.

Joe
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. March 2010 @ 15:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If the noise level is constant (perhaps it can be heard when everyone is silent or a pause between sentences) you can select a section with the noise, then have Audacity remove it throughout the audio stream.

As to a slide-show and a DVD movie on the same disk - I doubt it - I think a slideshow and a DVD movie use the same folder names, thus they cannot co-exist on the same diak.

You may want to ask the Videohelp forum if you get no more responses.
JoeT
_
22. March 2010 @ 16:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
If the noise level is constant (perhaps it can be heard when everyone is silent or a pause between sentences) you can select a section with the noise, then have Audacity remove it throughout the audio stream.

As to a slide-show and a DVD movie on the same disk - I doubt it - I think a slideshow and a DVD movie use the same folder names, thus they cannot co-exist on the same diak.

You may want to ask the Videohelp forum if you get no more responses.
Attar
Found what I feel is a great program. Its DVD SlideShow GUI v.0.9.3.6

You can add your pictures to make a slideshow, change time for pictures to stay on and how they change. When done add music. Then you can burn them to a DVD in NTSC or PAL formats. Once on the dvd you can take the vob file and add it to another dvd that I am making on the vows and then have the slide show on the same dvd, you can select what you want to watch. There are also other options for saving.

The site is: http://download.videohelp.com/tin2tin/index.html

Did I mention that its FREE.
Joe
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. March 2010 @ 16:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Excellent - I'm glad you got your solution.
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > edit voice level in vob file

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork