User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 13:12
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > help with avi2dvd please
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Help with AVI2DVD please
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rose02
_
5. June 2010 @ 05:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,
First just let me say I'm new to this and this is my first time using the software. I also apologize if I'm posting in the wrong forum or if this question has already been asked.
I have an .mkv file (it's the Lion King movie) and I am trying to convert it to DVD so I can burn it onto a disk and play in my dvd player. I renamed the file so it is simpled called "lionking.mkv". However when I load the file in AVI2DVD it does not seem to register my file because nothing comes up under film information, it all just remains at 0 and there are no audio streams. As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with this file, it plays fine on my computer and for all the other steps it works ok..like taking a screen snapshot for the menu, it will play fine in there and there is audio. This has been taking me all night trying to figure out how to get this file onto a dvd and I'm about ready to give up..I really don't want to have to download yet another software to do it!
Thanks,
Rose
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. June 2010 @ 09:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try placing the source MKV in the root directory - this software is fussy about paths and names:

c:\lionking.mkv
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > help with avi2dvd please

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork