User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 10:33
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > wmv ,avi to dvd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
wmv ,avi to dvd
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jeelfi
_
11. October 2010 @ 04:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi could anyone help having trouble converting wmv and avi to dvd.Have tried using winavi to convert wmv to avi but when i try to convert to dvd keep getting message address violated then a code ,any help would be much apreciated,thanks
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. October 2010 @ 15:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DVD Flick supports the conversion of both .wmv and .AVI files to DVD format.
It's Freeware.
jeelfi
_
12. October 2010 @ 03:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
It's Freeware.
thanks will try it
Advertisement
_
__

_
e2p
_
18. October 2010 @ 20:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
It's Freeware.
I tried DVD Flick, converting AVI files to DVD format. The AVI files are DV AVI (dvsd codec) files captured from a DV camcorder via a 1394 port. The AVI files have a video bit rate around 30 Mbps, even though the video is 720 x 480 and the content is fairly lame in that there are no fast actions, just people sitting and talking, moving arms sometimes. However, even converting at 5 mbps bitrate, the resulting DVD still has conspicuous artifacts around people's arms when the arms move. The motion of the arms is not like trying to hit a fly in the air, but just normal hand gesture.

So why the converted DVD has so low quality? I suppose the DVD format can carry fast moving action content like a motorcycle running wild, and even showing the perspective of the rider with the whole background moving backward.

By the way, could the performance of the computer I use has anything to do with the low quality DVD produced by DVD Flick? I am using a Pentium III 533 MHz with 512MB memory, running XP service pack 3. I ran just one application (DVD Flick) and the Windows Task Manager, to see that memory usage is on order of 400 MB.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. October 2010 @ 20:33

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > wmv ,avi to dvd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork